Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Location of Variax 500 ground wire from output jack

Hello

I had my tech replace the output jack on my Variax 500 last year.

I have another used one and am replacing the output jack myself.

my question is where does the ground wire from the jack with the loop for a screw connection go?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a really nice JTV but still dig my Variax 500!

Hello

I had my tech replace the output jack on my Variax 500 last year.

I have another used one and am replacing the output jack myself.

my question is where does the ground wire from the jack with the loop for a screw connection go?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a really nice JTV but still dig my Variax 500!

I've simply screwed this earth into the body on my two stratvaxplants. Interestingly, I bought a used televaxplant, and have opened it up (as you do), and the earth lead with the loop, is just hanging there unattached. The electronics are earthed from the coffin case to the body, so maybe this earth wire is made redundant by that? Seemingly it's not necessarily important.

Just re-read your post, and saw that it's a 500. No coffin case, but there must be an earth-wire somewhere off the main board I'm hazarding a guess.....

I've simply screwed this earth into the body on my two stratvaxplants. Interestingly, I bought a used televaxplant, and have opened it up (as you do), and the earth lead with the loop, is just hanging there unattached. The electronics are earthed from the coffin case to the body, so maybe this earth wire is made redundant by that? Seemingly it's not necessarily important.

Just re-read your post, and saw that it's a 500. No coffin case, but there must be an earth-wire somewhere off the main board I'm hazarding a guess.....

Thank you! That is helpful and I shall investigate where it may go under the main board. I have tge 1/4 in side working but the VDI input does not.

Thank you! That is helpful and I shall investigate where it may go under the main board. I have tge 1/4 in side working but the VDI input does not.

That suggests to me that it's not an earth problem, as the earth lead connects to bout outputs.

Have a really close look inside the VDI connection - it may be a pin is out of place - I'm assuming the VDI lead works with your JTV...

Also the VDI connections are available at Fullcompass

Its a brand new output jack from Full Compass.I am assuming its never been used.Yes the VDI cable works perfectly with my JTV.

This is the smaller non- JTV jack for the 300/700 and bass.It has the trap door on it.It fits perfectly and connectors are exactly the same.

The leads that are soldered to the small board from the jack are

top/ black

lower one / green

perhaps they are reversed?

• Upvote 1

I believe that this earth loop wire is a tremolo cavity connection not necessary on the Variax 500. My HD500 now "sees" my Variax500 if I plug it in using the VDI connector after the HD500 has fully booted. Now to test it with the workbench.