Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Global Settings Worksheet

Stratotron

For anyone interested. I have created a simple Excel worksheet to log in Global settings.

In each update, I have had to take pictures of my Global Settings in order to re-establish them after the update. With a new update coming soon, I thought this would come in handy. I also decided to share it.

It is very simple and has rows that correspond to the Global Settings screen. I have entered my settings above the cells in red. The red cells are for you to enter your settings, if you choose to do so.

I have a Command Center row at the bottom that is noted so I will remember how to set up my M5 Modeler in the FX loop. If anyone is doing this, you need to go to Global Settings>Midi/Tempo and set MIDI PC Send/Return, to "Off".

I am not suggesting anyone use my Global Settings as your own, BUT, if anyone sees anything glaringly weird in mine, I would be glad to know.

I added the EQ section to the worksheet this AM, as I never used the Global EQ till this weekend, It made me fall in love with my Fender La Cabronita bridge Fidelitron Pickup!

Blessings all, StratoGLOBAL SETTING WORKSHEET.xlsx

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also created a spreadsheet for this.  This version has combo boxes so that you can select settings and will flag settings that are different from the default settings.  This simplifies re-applying the settings after an upgrade.

FYI, I've copied this to a Google Docs Spreadsheet for those interested as well.

Some of the conditional formatting works a little funky (i.e. if you change the BPM to 1.0, for some reason it won't color proplery, but ANY other value (besides 120 or 1) seems to color properly when there's a difference... Odd.

Feel free to make a copy for yourself:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eITL0fiYdSba9DK-XVBp5ANkkQXsWR9oMxGyXzNVBWo/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 2

FYI, I've copied this to a Google Docs Spreadsheet for those interested as well.

Some of the conditional formatting works a little funky (i.e. if you change the BPM to 1.0, for some reason it won't color proplery, but ANY other value (besides 120 or 1) seems to color properly when there's a difference... Odd.

Feel free to make a copy for yourself:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eITL0fiYdSba9DK-XVBp5ANkkQXsWR9oMxGyXzNVBWo/edit?usp=sharing

Not sure what you're seeing.  It works fine for me.  BPM of 120.0 should not be colored as it is the factory default.  If I set it to 1, it turns red.  Could be a version conflict.  Of course 1.0 BPM would not be very likely...lol.  Thanks for sharing it.  I hope folks find it useful.  I used it last night for the first time for the 2.2 update.  Made it easy.  Of course now I have to add the new midi settings.

• 3 years later...