Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone who can make this sound? (Kaipa)

Jakerlund

Hello,

Does anyone know how to create this sound?

It's such a cool strange sound.

I can hear a clear use of wah-wah but there seem to be much more going on. :unsure:

I'm new to the HD500X and creating sounds.

It's the first solo part, but even the second solo part has a very nice sound.

https://youtu.be/gCIAQFaPJic?t=1m52s

Same sound again...

https://youtu.be/FfRpC2HCIf0?t=5m53s

I would start with an auto-wah (tron up) in combination with a pitch glide (controlled by an expression pedal). Settings for the tron up might include band pass for type, low range, high Q - 90+%, low frequency - <20%, high mix. The really tricky part I hear about this is the really saturated tone. For that you'd probably want to experiment with some of the mid to higher gain amps with a distortion block (try all of them) in front of it. The high Q and mix from the tron up certainly will help with the perceivance of being highly saturated. The pitch glide sounds like an octave is being quickly mixed in - 0 to 80% maybe - via expression pedal.

Another thought is in addition to the tron up, use one of the wahs, but don't assign it to an expression controller. Adjust the position and mix until you start to hear the correct wah-like frequency, if the tron up isn't able to do it by itself. Or, alternatively, instead of a tron-up+wah, try a tron-up+Q filter.

ah ah :D ah..

good to know!.. ;)

however in my opinion that tone is not that far than the one in the intro of Ghost Prototipe II (linked clip above) achieved with a phaser by Per Nilsson on guitar

Really? The links Jakerlund provided and the video you posted sound remarkably different to me. Although they are of the same flavor. The tone in Jakerlund's links do not at all sound like a phaser to me (much more wahish), but I suppose it could have one mixed in along with a wah. It also sounds like most of the modulation is triggered by a note, rather than oscillation (which is what phasers usually do?). Plus there's the octave thing going on.