Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume fluctuation - Not patch specific.

scottstpierre

I have an original HD500 (bought the first day Guitar Center received it back in 20...2010? I think it was 2010. Maybe, idk. 

ANYWAY, I've reproduced this volume fluctuation problem on any patch, with different guitars and with different cables. I was hoping it was perhaps my headphones, but I was able to record the fluctuation in Logic through the USB, so maybe it's the Guitar input path?

The signal is usually low and then will shoot up quite noticeably (not ear splitting, like hitting a lead pedal.) it's not the over-all volume that gets louder, it's just the tone that gets more driven, so I think it's possibly the input signal that's getting swamped. 

I know it's well out of warranty, but has anyone else had a similar issue with their unit? 

Good suggestions. I reflashed the unit and set everything to Zero, and played through for about 15 minutes and it seemed to be back to normal (all I had time for last night) but hoping for a good session after work today. I've always leaned on the editor so I don't really need the knobs off zero at all. (I don't play out and have no friends to jam with. Yay, parenthood and changing states too often! :()

I'll look into recalibrating the pedals, as that seems like a good idea anyway (and having never done it in about 7 years, probably overdue?)

Thanks folks!