Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What was IDEASCALE for?

evh5150combo

Global Eq, Model Packs etc..... yes I have seen items from Ideascale implemented.

If you are saying would we like more? Then the answer would be "yes" as well.

What do I think? I think the HD is probably near its end and that's it. People will probably come and lollipop and moan like when the XT went, then when the X3 went... the cycle of life in which history repeats itself.

What's it for? Mostly wishful thinking, and demands for one of two things:

1) Logistical impossibilities, or

2) Nutty pipe dream features that would only be used by the guy who's asking for it. ;)

But seriously...

As for the last firmware update...what do I think? I think it's a platform that's years old, in a world where the "latest and greatest" tech changes every 6 months. Expecting firmware updates and support for ANY product to be maintained until the end of time falls squarely into the "pipe dream" category. If you want gear that you can will to your kids, buy a tube amp....because as much as I like this stuff, it's not 1942 and these things ain't Sherman tanks.

So what is going to happen to us? ... I mean one day my hd500x will stop working, and I am not sure if I will be able to afford a Helix, (kids on the way!) So unless we have a HD600x I probably will have to move to something else 

So what is going to happen to us? ... I mean one day my hd500x will stop working, and I am not sure if I will be able to afford a Helix, (kids on the way!) So unless we have a HD600x I probably will have to move to something else 

I feel the same way about my car. One day it will stop working too and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to afford a Mercedes! What to do??

Honestly if you feel this way, I would suggest looking into a analog gear. The reason it simply because when a Marshall etc... fails you likely will be able to find someone around that can fix it. Why, because there is still a lot of tube guys around most places that can fix it. When your HD500x fails, you can try to find someone to fix it too, but odds are on that there will be no one. That is just the fact there are not enough units around, enough $$$ to be worth fixing, and they take too much skill to fix.  But that is just the way of high tech devices. Who is going to be around to fix your 1999 flip phone when it breaks too? No one. 

Thing is, that the POD HD500x is not EOL and still selling, so I'm a little bit unamused about missing bug-fixes.

If they gave up the production... no problem at all, but as long as you take the money, you should keep the services running.

Just my two cent.

yeah, I guess the problem (maybe) is that I am so used to LINE 6 Products that the fact of considering the use of another brand is hard for me, probably the best tone I achieved so far is inside the HD500x. (After an XT LIVE & X3). Well, It would be nice to see the next evolution of the 500x anyway (in the same "POD" line)

br