Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XLR or Jacks

localhero

It really doesn't matter over the short distances in a studio.

Have you considered using Helix as your audio interface? Fewer A/D and D/A conversions as well as direct support for recording dry signal and hardware re-amping.

Tbh no I havent .My Helix is arriving tommorow  and thats something i'll definately look into.Thanks for that ,better get back to the manual.

Tbh no I havent .My Helix is arriving tommorow  and thats something i'll definately look into.Thanks for that ,better get back to the manual.

I doubt you will hear the difference between using Helix direct and going into your current interface, but there might be some ease of use to it. I found that there was and got rid of my (now used) interface. If you use XLR into your interface, be sure that your interface's Phantom Power is turned OFF!

Just be sure to use a USB port that is NOT on a USB hub for this, unless (MAYBE) the hub is powered. Helix doesn't like USB hubs.

• Upvote 1

I doubt you will hear the difference between using Helix direct and going into your current interface, but there might be some ease of use to it. I found that there was and got rid of my (now used) interface. If you use XLR into your interface, be sure that your interface's Phantom Power is turned OFF!

Just be sure to use a USB port that is NOT on a USB hub for this, unless (MAYBE) the hub is powered. Helix doesn't like USB hubs.

Thanks a lot Peter much appreciated.