Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 240 Pitch Bending/ Whammy effect?

jedishane7

In the Spider Remote app, you just hold down on the "Position" parameter for a few seconds, and a dialog box pops up asking you if you want to assign that parameter to the expression pedal. I'm not sure about how to do it on the amp itself... I would need to dig into the manual for that.

In the Spider Remote app, you just hold down on the "Position" parameter for a few seconds, and a dialog box pops up asking you if you want to assign that parameter to the expression pedal. I'm not sure about how to do it on the amp itself... I would need to dig into the manual for that.

That's actually not the way it works. Double tap on the blank area( outside of the slider) of the parameter you want to control with the Exp. pedal and a dialog box will pop up. BTW, is there a manual or guide on the Spider Remote App? I've had to discover things by experimenting- not the best way to learn it.

That's actually not the way it works. Double tap on the blank area( outside of the slider) of the parameter you want to control with the Exp. pedal and a dialog box will pop up. BTW, is there a manual or guide on the Spider Remote App? I've had to discover things by experimenting- not the best way to learn it.

Just tried it, and it seems both ways work, at least on the iPhone. Double-tapping is faster, though. And, actually it seems double-tapping anywhere along the parameter bar itself works.

Just tried it, and it seems both ways work, at least on the iPhone. Double-tapping is faster, though. And, actually it seems double-tapping anywhere along the parameter bar itself works.

I tried holding the position parameter, nothing happened on my Ipad mini...

I tried holding the position parameter, nothing happened on my Ipad mini...

Yeah, double-tapping is probably the prescribed method. Funny, though, on my iPhone if I hold for three seconds that same window pops up. Perhaps it's related to the 3D Touch/Long Press features that came out with the iPhone 6s.

Is there a way to do this without having a physical petal?  I'd like to have the eqivalent of a pitch bent pedal that's been bent down one semitone.  (The equivalet of drop tuning).  I don't have an iOS or Android device, so I need to do this from the amp itself.  When I edit a patch (press the Edit button) I can scroll down to a WAH section, and I see a number of options for the WAH, but none of them seem to be pitch bend.  Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Is there a way to do this without having a physical petal?  I'd like to have the eqivalent of a pitch bent pedal that's been bent down one semitone.  (The equivalet of drop tuning).  I don't have an iOS or Android device, so I need to do this from the amp itself.  When I edit a patch (press the Edit button) I can scroll down to a WAH section, and I see a number of options for the WAH, but none of them seem to be pitch bend.  Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Check your other post regarding pitch bend

Same ans though:

Select the Pitch modulation Type

Select Pitch Bend for the effect  press OK

Set Position at 50%

Set Heel to -1  (drop down 1 semitone; -2 for whole step drop etc)

Set Toe to 0

Set mix to 100%

At a good volume level you won't hear much of the strings tuning bleed of your guitar itself, at low volumes it can be distracting