Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Expansion Pedal

cowboydunnit

It would be cool if Line 6 came out with a Helix expansion pedal, to give us more buttons (snaps or stomps)!

I really wanted to run 4 snaps and 4 stomps, but I've found that on a lot of songs(patches) I need 6 snapshots, so I run all snaps, but other songs I only need like 2 snapshots and it would be handy to have some stomp boxes. Another 6 switches (scribble strips and all) set to control stompboxes would be very handy!

Shouldn't this be under Helix not StageScape/Stage Source?

If you can keep it all within 10 switches you can do a MIDI Loopback (connect a MIDI Cable between MIDI Out and MIDI In) and program Switches not assigned to Effect switching to send the MIDI messages for Snapshot switching giving you both at the same time in any arrangement. You can customise the switch labels so the say what they are doing.

• Upvote 2

Shouldn't this be under Helix not StageScape/Stage Source?

If you can keep it all within 10 switches you can do a MIDI Loopback (connect a MIDI Cable between MIDI Out and MIDI In) and program Switches not assigned to Effect switching to send the MIDI messages for Snapshot switching giving you both at the same time in any arrangement. You can customise the switch labels so the say what they are doing.

That's an interesting thought and creative use of MIDI to get more flexibility out of the switch setup.

Thank you!!  That is an awesome idea. I think that also might be the answer for people who want to assign the looper functions to specific pedals without being in looper mode.  I've got some testing to do.