DunedinDragon

Helix with Firehawk 1500

Could it be that the fourth patch is actually being sent stereo as compared to the other two patches and the hiss is an artifact of that?

I don't think so.

All patches are stereo (also sound stereo through headphones) and are sent to left and right Monitor In on FH1500.

The FH1500 itself is set to mono.

In practice, who does that? If you actually want to hear the stereo spread, the speakers should be the same distance from each other as they are from your head, so that the three of you form an equilateral triangle...or as close as is practical, given the layout of the room.

I do, every time I set both my monitors up on stage, just by turning them slightly away from each other I can hear the difference between sides just fine. 

Just weighing in here because this post scared me because I had my FH1500 and Helix on order!

Using XLR stereo to the FH sounds amazing for me. I don't have hiss issues. Also, I believe MIDI limitations are sorted - I'll be testing that tonight.

Midi has been fixed. I never use it but I remember the last update addressed the issue. I have had mine for a year or more and I still love it. The only down fail is the weight of it in my eyes but honestly it is not that bad my line 6 Lowdown 175 is another 20 lbs on top of it and I gig with both. If you crank any speaker system to a really loud level you will hear hiss. Nature of electricity. 

I must say I've never had as quiet a system as the Firehawk 1500 with Helix