Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Easier way to do this?

brain-donor

I am in the process of switching all my patches (about 50) and 8 snapshots per each to use exp2 as the volume pedal instead of exp 1.  Each snapshot has its own setting for how the volume pedal is assigned.  Right now I am in 8 snapshot mode, clicking on snap 1, mashing on the toe switch, step on snap 2, mash on the toe switch - all 8. Save patch. Then on to the next patch.  Is there any way to do this through the editor? ... will probably extend the life of the toe switch!

The following is probably not easier and a lot of unknowns abound, but would be less tedious.

Patches are text files, so take an unmodified patch and a modified one, and compare the differences to help you figure out what needs to be changed. Once you know that, it would be a fairly simple operation of opening all patches at once in a text editor (something like ultraedit or similar with advanced search and replace capabilities), and batch process what needs to be changed.

It's an idea that could hold some risk, maybe even bricking Helix, so beware.

Oh well, done now.  Only took about an hour but my back is killing me - after a while I realized it was actually faster to do the whole thing using only the pedals instead of the editor. @duncann - thought about that and decided against it for the risk reasons mentioned. :D