Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Monkey won't download drivers for my GX, mac OS Sierra

Hi everyone. I have an issue with my GX, which I have been using for almost 10 years now: I have a macbook pro, with mac os Sierra installed. Everything used to work fine, until one day my SSD died and I had to install a new one and reinstall the OS. Now, I don't seem to be able to install the drivers for my GX, every time I try, be it standalone driver download or via Monkey, the drivers just won't install! Monkey shows that the latest drivers are of version 7.6.7 and no matter how many times I click "update selection", after restarting it still shows outdated drivers. the GX itself is visible in Monkey, but shows the red light.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I suspect that the issue here is software, not hardware..

Thanks in advance!

post-1050621-0-84279600-1486942215_thumb.png

You're one step ahead of me. I just got a new Mac with Sierra and Monkey won't even install. I'm getting the dreaded "This software requires Mac OS X 10.5 or above" message.

So if you can help me through this, I'll see if I can help figure out the GX, lol

• 2 weeks later...

same here.. Line sucks 

when i updated my MACBOOK into macOS Sierra 10.12.3, it could not find my device and driver suddenly.. and i installed the driver from monkey maybe 20 times, it downloaded successfully and it seemed to install successfully too.. but when i restarted my mac and open the monkey, it still showed no driver.. WTF!!!

now i hv no idea how to fix it..

• Like 1

I have exactly the same issue. SIERRA, POD HD/HD 500 7.6.7 driver is suggested by Monkey. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled using monkey and manually. Monkey still wants me to update the driver to 7.6.7.

Have this been resolved?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent an email to Line 6 support a week ago to see if they could help me but they did not solve the problem at all. 

They told me to copy the drivers to a USB key and install them from there, then to try on another computer but it didn't work neither... I've tried on Windows XP then on another Macbook, but with the latest OS which is different from mine (Yosemite).

I'm sure the issue doesn't come from the gear. I mean even if I don't connect the UX2 to the computer, Line 6 Monkey is unable to recognize the correct installation of the drivers.

Seriously, I am so pissed of against Line 6 right now. Paying 170€ for a plastic device that have worked like twice a year (for 3 years) is a bit exaggerated...

• 3 months later...

I am having the same problem. I'm assuming Line 6 is ready for bankruptcy if they are neglecting its customers to this extent. Massive failure. Wasted my money and hours of my life on this terrible hardware. Anyone know a better company to buy from?

I mean even if I don't connect the UX2 to the computer, Line 6 Monkey is unable to recognize the correct installation of the drivers.

How would Monkey know which drivers to install if there is no device connected.

Has any tried running the driver installer outside of Monkey?

I am having the same problem. I'm assuming Line 6 is ready for bankruptcy if they are neglecting its customers to this extent. Massive failure. Wasted my money and hours of my life on this terrible hardware. Anyone know a better company to buy from?

Yeah, I bought a Focusrite Scarlett a couple of months ago.

Works like a charm. No bloody drivers needed if you're on an Apple device. Great sound.

The UX2 is unused, in a drawer... Thanks Line 6 for the 170€ thrown out the window.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This solution works for me. 

Mac running OS X 10.13.1 for Pod Studio GX

Uninstall drivers using Line6 Uninstaller.

Open System Preferences\Security & Privacy

Install driver from package. Don't install from Monkey as it wouldn't work for me.

As soon as installer launches, Security & Privacy will pop up that "package can't be verified" or something... Just approve it.

Restart. Works just fine.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You could always open a support ticket with line6, via your account page, while you wait for the community to help.

15 hours ago, sjdent said:

I’m also not getting the pop up when in system preferences... tried like a million times give or take a few hundred thousand... it’s killing me, guys! Someone help us out here pleeeease

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

This a security issue in Os High Sierra, I first found the issue not from installing line 6 drivers, but making changes on my SSD even as administrator I was set to read only. . I had to disable the new security,restart, then switch permissions me to read/write, restart, enable security (it's actual default is for the roots level) then restart and it was her old start. 

With the line 6 drivers if you don't see a notification then you have to accept the driver in settings/security 

i fixed it.  it's a security thing.  thank god lol . hopefully they approve this comment but line6 is horrible with customer service.  BUT, i got my ux2 working on a 2018 mac in about 5 minutes of rererereinstalling, automatically worked after i let my laptop know line6 isn't evil.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 9:31 AM, BeerSkool said:

i fixed it.  it's a security thing.  thank god lol . hopefully they approve this comment but line6 is horrible with customer service.  BUT, i got my ux2 working on a 2018 mac in about 5 minutes of rererereinstalling, automatically worked after i let my laptop know line6 isn't evil.

OK, so how did you do that, mate? I've reinstalled it a million times. How'd you let your computer know that LINE 6 isn't evil?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oi so guys it finally started working for me!

SO uninstall all the line 6 programs (make sure they’re deleted from your bin n lollipop)... reinstall them etc etc...

BUT, and here’s the thing I think I was doing wrong, make sure your line 6 gear is plugged in to your Mac (via USB) while doing all the reinstalling. Just keep that lollipop plugged in.... after each install check your system preferences/security privacy for that little message if it hasn’t already popped up.

I find it hard to believe that I wasnt plugging my gear in beforehand but it worked finally. Let it be noted that I also just updated to Mojave. Not sure if that had any effect or not. Dunno.

Good lucky guys Fingers Crossed!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 6:40 AM, Bobby23 said:

I had the same issue on macOS High Sierra. The driver just wouldn't appear as installed in Line Monkey, no matter how many times I tried and restarted.

This fixed it for me:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/recording/computer-audio-set-up-and-troubleshooting/macos-high-sierra-1013-driver-installation-change-r879

Yes this fixed it for me! Thank you!!