Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can the Helix replicate this tone?

itsslash

It is not my fault you amateurs cannot replicate what you consider to be a basic tone

Hi mate. Just wondering whether you have samples that you consider faithful replications of this tone? Don't particular mind what gear was used to get the replicas, just want to get a feel for what elements you're particularly looking for. 

I fear the answer is no. Starts at 0:05.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1i0Nz87rlk

It's already been determined, in your two other threads on this same topic, that nothing anyone submits or suggests will satisfy you in this regard.

http://line6.com/support/topic/25356-i-bet-the-helix-cannot-replicate-this-tone/?view=findpost&p=194832

http://line6.com/support/topic/25138-can-i-please-ask-for-a-favour-from-pod-hd500x-owners/?view=findpost&p=192570

I suggest the community simply ignore this thread. At the very least, before posting read the above two threads completely and know what you can expect if you choose to respond.

• Upvote 5

It's already been determined, in your two other threads on this same topic, that nothing anyone submits or suggests will satisfy you in this regard. http://line6.com/support/topic/25356-i-bet-the-helix-cannot-replicate-this-tone/?view=findpost&p=194832http://line6.com/support/topic/25138-can-i-please-ask-for-a-favour-from-pod-hd500x-owners/?view=findpost&p=192570

I suggest the community simply ignore this thread. At the very least, before posting read the above two threads completely and know what you can expect if you choose to respond.

Not to mention....

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/i-bet-you-cannot-match-this-tone.122475/

• Upvote 1

It's simple to end this, gents. Just derail the thread with a completely unrelated topic, just like last time. We just need something else to discuss. I vote for a round table discussion on everyone's favorite ethnic foods...I'll start:

Having been raised largely by my Scottish grandparents, I have a fondness for traditional Scotch pies, bridies, and a pastry with raisins and currants that grandad used to refer to as a "fly cemetery"...no idea what the proper name is. ;)

Who's next?

• Upvote 2

It's simple to end this, gents. Just derail the thread with a completely unrelated topic, just like last time. We just need something else to discuss. I vote for a round table discussion on everyone's favorite ethnic foods...I'll start:

Having been raised largely by my Scottish grandparents, I have a fondness for traditional Scotch pies, bridies, and a pastry with raisins and currants that grandad used to refer to as a "fly cemetery"...no idea what the proper name is. ;)

Who's next?

post-1688547-0-60104400-1487167082_thumb.jpg

Sorry, but I am amused by this replicating guy (OP).

He called all of us "amateurs"!

I think that's pretty funny.

Well, he is confirmed to be engaging in troll-like behavior. Personally, I reported him and asked the mods to ban him.

I appreciate a lightly-moderated forum, but on TGP, for instance, he would be gone by now for sure.

The name-calling mostly.

Hint: When you see that your score in a forum is in the negatives by exactly the number of posts you have made in that forum... well... in layman's terms... if everybody thinks you are acting like a jerk, it might not be their problem...

Sorry, but I am amused by this replicating guy (OP).

He called all of us "amateurs"!

I think that's pretty funny.

Phyllis Diller called me "one wonderful guy" backstage after I opened for her many years ago...I believe that puts me firmly in the (hack) Professional category. 

Well, he is confirmed to be engaging in troll-like behavior. Personally, I reported him and asked the mods to ban him.

I did this as well. This guy has zero posts outside of his bait threads, contributes nothing to the forum and deliberately wastes the time of anyone he can manage to engage.

Seriously? Haha, didn't I make him eat that hat already? At this point, ban him, I guess he really loves that song! Or maybe he is actually Andy Summers, and is getting a lame high from this? Still reading? I nailed the tone and posted it for him, it's on you tube somewhere, who cares..

What other things are crunchy and orange?

Seriously? Haha, didn't I make him eat that hat already? At this point, ban him, I guess he really loves that song! Or maybe he is actually Andy Summers, and is getting a lame high from this? Still reading? I nailed the tone and posted it for him, it's on you tube somewhere, who cares..

What other things are crunchy and orange?

Your attempt was mediocre. Waiting patiently for a better one.

• Downvote 4

This is Andy Summers asking. He's doing a pub tour in Wales these days and just can't nail that tone he had, back in the day. 
He's been trying pod's, Eleven rack, Pocketamp, Bias, Amplitube, Fractal, Kemper, and now....Helix. He's getting sooo close, but he just can't figure out how to multiply himself and do all the different parts and doubles. He also sold the guitar he used on the recording, but he managed to find the exact same guitar, but it was built one year later, so it has a tiny bit more treble. And then there's the guitar pick of course. He's pretty sure he used red sharkfins, but trying it today, it sounds closer with a white sharkfin. It's all very confusing to Andy. He called Sting, but he was of no help. Rather rude actually. If someone in this group knows Stewart Copeland, maybe he can share some light on this subject?

I find I'm really liking the A30 model on the Helix. I've never really gravitated toward this kind of amp before, though I did like a gain A15 in the Pod HD. I'm usually a Fender clean kinda guy..

That's the 3rd time or so I've heard that lately. I need to dial that up again later today. I liked the AC30 models in most Line 6 products, but I liked other stuff so much more in HD 500 that I haven't used one in a while. Since I love the Matchless so much, maybe I'd like this, too.

yeah.. maybe time you gave it up.. perhaps take up macrame or scrapbooking.. i hear they both have some pretty active forums, and the participants there have pretty low short term memories..

I'll eat my hat if you can macrame this tone using the Heli-Fract brand cord.