Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hairy (not the good kind) on notes and tones. Digital Clipping?

joseroys

I've tweaked everything. That nasty sound is in everything as soon as you add any gain or distortion. All the clean stuff is fine but I dont think they quite have low to mid gain distortion or overdrive down yet.

I guarantee if anyone was next to me and I pointed it out, you would hear it. I took it to a studio to show to some folks and it was pretty clear.

It sounded fine for vocal and keyboard effects but so does my xt and HD - that have lost so much value they're not worth selling.

Anyways. Helix is definitely going back. I hope this helps someone get a different perspective.

And thanks to the forum

Why not put some clips up if it's so obvious? I guess I'm confused as to what your purpose was here... No one can help you diagnose anything without clips of some sort.

Why not put some clips up if it's so obvious? I guess I'm confused as to what your purpose was here... No one can help you diagnose anything without clips of some sort.

1. Because I shouldn't have to tweak so much to get basic descent sounds. Guitar into amp should sound good.

2. I've spent too much time on this already

3. I don't need to justify this to anyone, I can hear it. It doesn't happen with a Kemper.

4. The same thing happens on my pod HD.

5. I need to practice.

I could do 10 but I'll just stop there. But I completely agree that some samples would help but mainly I don't like to spend too much time on computers

1. Because I shouldn't have to tweak so much to get basic descent sounds. Guitar into amp should sound good.

3. I don't need to justify this to anyone, I can hear it. It doesn't happen with a Kemper.

5. I need to practice.

I could do 10 but I'll just stop there. But I completely agree that some samples would help but mainly I don't like to spend too much time on computers

• Downvote 1

5. I need to practice.

It's not my intent to be critical here, it's just my nature, so I apologize in advance if this comes off as mean spirited. Your points 1, 2, and 5 are  fine, but I have issues with your points 3 and 4.

To your point 3, the comments by others on this forum have been geared toward helping solve the problem you described, they weren't asking you to justify said problem. I've seen these guys (and girls) try to help people all the time for years now. I've seen them use the methods they are using on this thread and successfully resolve people's issues.

That being said, consider the fact that your comments on this thread ultimately convey the statement that the Helix, a product a company has heavily invested in and is actively marketing, is essentially unusable to anyone with a particularly good set of ears. If this statement were untrue, it would be considered libel (or slander if you prefer, and I'm assuming you are in the United States). Now, I'm sure nobody is going to sue you, I've never heard of Line 6 doing that over user comments. But the reason we have slander laws is that, although we are guaranteed free speech here, we are not guaranteed a right to utter speech that damages others. In this case, it would be speech that a flagship product is unusable for the purpose for which it is marketed on a forum visited by people trying to decide whether they want to purchase it. Why this is potentially damaging should be obvious. So, while no one is actually asking you to do so, a strong argument could be made that you do need to justify such comments from a moral, if not legal, standpoint.  

As to point 4, it isn't clear why the fact that you say the same thing happens on your POD HD500 is a reason you decided not to post samples of what is going on, but the only reasonable interpretation I can make of it is that you feel that Line 6's entire amp modeling platform is fundamentally flawed. If that is not what you mean, it is at least the implication I would guess most people will take from it. That said, my response to your point 4 is essentially the same from here on out as my response to point 3, except that this comment tends to malign an entire product line, which is the core of Line 6's business. 

Lastly, you've peaked all of our curiosity. We want to know whether this is a faulty unit, whether you are using a particular piece of hardware we should avoid, or, frankly, whether you're just trolling us. And if I ever have a problem with my Helix, I would love to get half the offers of help you received from these guys. You have no moral imperative or obligation in this regard, I'm just very curious is all.

• Upvote 1

It is the "fizz" that is apparent in the modeled systems. Keep in mind Line6 modeled all the amps and effects down to the board/component level. What you are wanting to hear is how an amp sounds "in the room". To get closer to the "amp in a room sound" your preset has to be set up in such a way to model that type of setup.

Real amp gain channels and distortion pedals do have that same fizz, it just isn't as apparent when playing through real cabinets sitting in a room with your ears in a different locaation in the room.

5. I need to practice.

I'm not sure if you're actually checking this thread any more, or if you've moved on... I just had a thought - I don't think anyone asked, but are you running the latest firmware on the Helix? There was a bug in one of the early firmware version that made the default on all the cab blocks the SM57 at 1". That can actually be a harsh sounding mic on many of the cabs, so I'm kind of wondering if that's what you're hearing.

Other than that, I guess I'd say I'm just skeptical that something so obviously glaring would be inherent in the Helix, given that there are thousands of them out there being used at the moment, and there are tons of wonderful clips around. So to me, that means it only something you can hear, which I find somewhat unlikely, it's some sort of quality that you're picky about and other people aren't (perhaps possible), or there's something wrong with your Helix's firmware or hardware (more likely).

But like I said, without clips, it's kind of a moot point. We can't help you unless you let us.

As an exercise in trying to identify the behavior you're talking about, do you hear it in this demonstration? If you build these simple patches as he does, does yours sound (within reasonable expectation) like his?

Sounds terrible, doesn't it? Plus, he wasted so much time tweaking. B) 

As an exercise in trying to identify the behavior you're talking about, do you hear it in this demonstration? If you build these simple patches as he does, does yours sound (within reasonable expectation) like his?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbyd9mXo6rM

At minute 1:44, that chord he hits, right before he mutes it you can hear what I'm talking about. As the note fades out there is this weird digital noise or artifact around those notes

And like I said. It's fine for single notes and even big chords. And heavy sounds seem OK. But it's those three note chords and when they're ringing it you can really hear them. If course, in a mix you won't hear this but still makes it to where I don't want to use it

One last thing. As someone who is plenty aware of sales and how to work a product during a presentation, he's obviously not going g to show you the weak areas. Hes a sick player and he's selling himself which he does very well. But I'm sure he's not there to show you anything that's going to hurt the product. I'm sure there's some great Boehringer demos out there and lots of people buy their stuff.

It's not my intent to be critical here, it's just my nature, so I apologize in advance if this comes off as mean spirited. Your points 1, 2, and 5 are fine, but I have issues with your points 3 and 4.

To your point 3, the comments by others on this forum have been geared toward helping solve the problem you described, they weren't asking you to justify said problem. I've seen these guys (and girls) try to help people all the time for years now. I've seen them use the methods they are using on this thread and successfully resolve people's issues.

That being said, consider the fact that your comments on this thread ultimately convey the statement that the Helix, a product a company has heavily invested in and is actively marketing, is essentially unusable to anyone with a particularly good set of ears. If this statement were untrue, it would be considered libel (or slander if you prefer, and I'm assuming you are in the United States). Now, I'm sure nobody is going to sue you, I've never heard of Line 6 doing that over user comments. But the reason we have slander laws is that, although we are guaranteed free speech here, we are not guaranteed a right to utter speech that damages others. In this case, it would be speech that a flagship product is unusable for the purpose for which it is marketed on a forum visited by people trying to decide whether they want to purchase it. Why this is potentially damaging should be obvious. So, while no one is actually asking you to do so, a strong argument could be made that you do need to justify such comments from a moral, if not legal, standpoint.

As to point 4, it isn't clear why the fact that you say the same thing happens on your POD HD500 is a reason you decided not to post samples of what is going on, but the only reasonable interpretation I can make of it is that you feel that Line 6's entire amp modeling platform is fundamentally flawed. If that is not what you mean, it is at least the implication I would guess most people will take from it. That said, my response to your point 4 is essentially the same from here on out as my response to point 3, except that this comment tends to malign an entire product line, which is the core of Line 6's business.

Lastly, you've peaked all of our curiosity. We want to know whether this is a faulty unit, whether you are using a particular piece of hardware we should avoid, or, frankly, whether you're just trolling us. And if I ever have a problem with my Helix, I would love to get half the offers of help you received from these guys. You have no moral imperative or obligation in this regard, I'm just very curious is all.

Ok. This is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm not really interested in legal conversation over this product.

Sounds terrible, doesn't it? Plus, he wasted so much time tweaking. B)

You still got some fire in ya huh old man. You're even doing the little emoticons. I'm so proud of you. You're wit is overwhelmingly underwhelming. But thanks for trying

• Downvote 1

I'm not sure if you're actually checking this thread any more, or if you've moved on... I just had a thought - I don't think anyone asked, but are you running the latest firmware on the Helix? There was a bug in one of the early firmware version that made the default on all the cab blocks the SM57 at 1". That can actually be a harsh sounding mic on many of the cabs, so I'm kind of wondering if that's what you're hearing.

Other than that, I guess I'd say I'm just skeptical that something so obviously glaring would be inherent in the Helix, given that there are thousands of them out there being used at the moment, and there are tons of wonderful clips around. So to me, that means it only something you can hear, which I find somewhat unlikely, it's some sort of quality that you're picky about and other people aren't (perhaps possible), or there's something wrong with your Helix's firmware or hardware (more likely).

But like I said, without clips, it's kind of a moot point. We can't help you unless you let us.

I think I mentioned multiple times that it's not obviously glaring. But to me, since I heard it in the hd500 as well, I noticed it immediately. I would expect that many folks would not hear it. As is obvious from this long list of folks ready to burn me at the stake.

It is the "fizz" that is apparent in the modeled systems. Keep in mind Line6 modeled all the amps and effects down to the board/component level. What you are wanting to hear is how an amp sounds "in the room". To get closer to the "amp in a room sound" your preset has to be set up in such a way to model that type of setup.

Real amp gain channels and distortion pedals do have that same fizz, it just isn't as apparent when playing through real cabinets sitting in a room with your ears in a different locaation in the room.

Thanks for answering. Yes. It is the fizz. So.... Hold on - there is a "fizz" that's apparent? Because according to everything I've heard, it doesn't exist

You may be right even though I play with amps tilted up at me as well as micd and j don't hear it. Or at least enough to notice. And yss, I get the amp in room vs micd up very well.

Try a Kemper. That fizz is not there.

Thanks for answering. Yes. It is the fizz. So.... Hold on - there is a "fizz" that's apparent? Because according to everything I've heard, it doesn't exist

You may be right even though I play with amps tilted up at me as well as micd and j don't hear it. Or at least enough to notice. And yss, I get the amp in room vs micd up very well.

Try a Kemper. That fizz is not there.

The question is whether or not the original amps Line 6 modeled exhibit the behavior. If they do, then the Helix is more successful at meeting the stated goal, I suppose.

You're not the first person who've brought up this topic, though. There were a few people on TGP who mentioned it. Oddly enough, the one who first brought it up just re-bought the Helix... I guess it really becomes a question of how big a deal it really is and whether it's worth being bothered by. If it's something that no one would hear in a real world application, why does it matter. I'd also say that some amount of inherent fizz in necessary and good for guitar tones to properly cut through a mix (Cliff Chase from Fractal has said the same thing, btw). The line isn't entirely clear on what is undesirable and what is good, though.

The big thing, though, is that hearing a Helix through headphones or monitors isn't the same sort of experience as simply listening to an amp in the room. It can never be. It's modeling a whole signal chain. So that is inherently going to be more complicated than simply plugging into an amp.

I find with Helix high (and low) cuts are often the make-or-break element when it comes to getting the high end artifacts out of there (and tubbiness in the case of the low-cut).

In fact, since this thread had caught my interest, and the original poster is clearly intelligent, well-spoken, and is very specific about what he's hearing, I felt inclined to delve in sort of 'ground-up' style.

(Additional inspiration for delving in; my good friend talked of getting 'ear fatigue' with POD incarnations - he went POD 2.x (2.3 - awesome!), XT, then HD... in each, the effect was less and less, but he still talked of it eventually setting in on long sessions with the hd. It seems like the OP in this thread is sensitive to the same or similar artifacts.)

The video referenced above is actually perfect for that refresher, as I see it.

See, I went through that video back when it was a new one, and I followed through and dialed in those same basic tones exactly along-side Sean.

I was underwhelmed; I found that my result in my room was quite different in some semi-subtle but important ways.

... now skip to last night; I did the EXACT same process, going along and dialing new empty presets.

The one difference; I did the high and low cuts, and in the case of the clean, I put a compressor in place to smooth what I found for me was a flubby, tubby low end.

And what I wound up with... I sat and happily played for QUITE some time last night, even saving a couple of those results to re-examine for inspiration next session.

I shut down and almost immediately went to bed, feeling very happy with that.

It had allowed me to demonstrate to myself that I now know where to go, and the simple tweaks, to begin tailoring a sound to my liking in the room, in my environment.

I'm hoping that the OP, joseroys, has taken the approach of hitting it from the high (and low) cuts.

It seems likely, but just in case, thought I'd mention.

The question is whether or not the original amps Line 6 modeled exhibit the behavior. If they do, then the Helix is more successful at meeting the stated goal, I suppose.

You're not the first person who've brought up this topic, though. There were a few people on TGP who mentioned it. Oddly enough, the one who first brought it up just re-bought the Helix... I guess it really becomes a question of how big a deal it really is and whether it's worth being bothered by. If it's something that no one would hear in a real world application, why does it matter. I'd also say that some amount of inherent fizz in necessary and good for guitar tones to properly cut through a mix (Cliff Chase from Fractal has said the same thing, btw). The line isn't entirely clear on what is undesirable and what is good, though.

The big thing, though, is that hearing a Helix through headphones or monitors isn't the same sort of experience as simply listening to an amp in the room. It can never be. It's modeling a whole signal chain. So that is inherently going to be more complicated than simply plugging into an amp.

See. This is what I was looking for. The noise is indeed there. Why can't people just admit that instead of all this other noise. The sound is there. I can't stand it because I don't play power chords or some dropped tuning saturated tones.

And now trying to justify the fizz, really? How about a knob to remove the fizz? I doubt its there intentionally to give it vibe. My guess is that the subtle differences and detail at that level is just not possible with the way things are being modeled. Again, helix does not have this.

And yes. I get the amp in a room vs micd amp scenario as I mentioned. I'm not a noob. Honestly I just think the helix is for people who just want to have fun and play cover bands or whatever the case. This is completely fine. But I don't think any serious players will be using it on tour anytime soon but please, let me know who the actual players using this are.

... and, worth mentioning as an addendum, I definitely perceive similar artifacts in the high end from my tube amp experiences.

One thing I found; fighting to dial them out entirely - both with amps and with modelling devices - seems to rob the sound of some of its character, that some degree of that high end is a component of the sound which, in the room, adds something positive.

I think it's a matter of dosage / seasoning to taste.

And as with all things, tastes vary.

See. This is what I was looking for. The noise is indeed there. Why can't people just admit that instead of all this other noise. The sound is there. I can't stand it because I don't play power chords or some dropped tuning saturated tones.

I know what you're hearing, and I've owned amps that had it, too...

That said, on Helix, I find that messing with the bias control and sometimes the SAG and for GOD SAKE turn that Hum down all the way please... gets me where I want to be. Just turning bias all the way one way or the other DOESN'T get you there. I find that the sweet spot varies, and one of the "problems" that is solved when you find it is exactly this thing you're talking about.

I never had much of a problem with those sounds on HD 500, less so on Helix where I pretty much always get the sound in my head out into the speakers... but this was THE biggest thing I had issue with with X3 when I had it for a while, which is why I never went totally amp-less when I had that.

I find with Helix high (and low) cuts are often the make-or-break element when it comes to getting the high end artifacts out of there (and tubbiness in the case of the low-cut).

In fact, since this thread had caught my interest, and the original poster is clearly intelligent, well-spoken, and is very specific about what he's hearing, I felt inclined to delve in sort of 'ground-up' style.

(Additional inspiration for delving in; my good friend talked of getting 'ear fatigue' with POD incarnations - he went POD 2.x (2.3 - awesome!), XT, then HD... in each, the effect was less and less, but he still talked of it eventually setting in on long sessions with the hd. It seems like the OP in this thread is sensitive to the same or similar artifacts.)

The video referenced above is actually perfect for that refresher, as I see it.

See, I went through that video back when it was a new one, and I followed through and dialed in those same basic tones exactly along-side Sean.

I was underwhelmed; I found that my result in my room was quite different in some semi-subtle but important ways.

... now skip to last night; I did the EXACT same process, going along and dialing new empty presets.

The once difference; I did the high and low cuts, and in the case of the clean, I put a compressor in place to smooth what I found for me was a flubby, tubby low end.

And what I wound up with... I sat and happily played for QUITE some time last night, even saving a couple of those results to re-examine for inspiration next session.

I shut down and almost immediately went to bed, feeling very happy with that.

It had allowed me to demonstrate to myself that I now know where to go, and the simple tweaks, to begin tailoring a sound to my liking in the room, in my environment.

I'm hoping that the OP, joseroys, has taken the approach of hitting it from the high (and low) cuts.

It seems likely, but just in case, thought I'd mention.

Thanks very much for that. It's refreshing to know that others have dealt with it too. I did try the cabinet filters, which are a very nice addition, and the artifacts are still there. Sadly. It's like a thick white noise across the entire spectrum.

I think the main issue is that; once you hear it, you can't not hear it. It's tainted and I'm about to drive 2:30 hours round trip to return it.

Ok. Phew. That was intense fellas.

My conclusion is that I'm still sane and my ears are fine. The artifacts are indeed there. If they are intentional, there should be a way to dial them out. Having an artifact like that across the entire spectrum in my opinion is not acceptable.

Remember that 200 page write up about how to make the Pod Hd sound good. It was hilarious and I actually spent time reading that and tweaking etc. What a waste. I've never ever seen a product that you had to do so much tweaking that someone had to make such a complex site just to explain how to make it sound better.

I've been told on this thread that there's a possibility I may get sued so I hope to not have offended the corporate gods or their minions who defend them. I offer my Pod xt as a sacrifice. Please, come take it.

Overall; it's cool in many ways. The interface is great. The touch knobs are cool. The real names of gear is cool. The software editor is cool other than a few crashes and freezes. There's some cool new features. They took away the CD input which I thought sucked since I like to use the aux plus mic or guitar and then add a mixer or my iPhone for various reasons. So not saying all is bad.

But you're right. Not for me.

And now trying to justify the fizz, really? How about a knob to remove the fizz? I doubt its there intentionally to give it vibe. My guess is that the subtle differences and detail at that level is just not possible with the way things are being modeled. Again, helix does not have this.

And yes. I get the amp in a room vs micd amp scenario as I mentioned. I'm not a noob. Honestly I just think the helix is for people who just want to have fun and play cover bands or whatever the case. This is completely fine. But I don't think any serious players will be using it on tour anytime soon but please, let me know who the actual players using this are.

There's quite a few on relatively major tours right now... But here's the thing. When you make this sort of disparaging comment, which is really quite insulting, are you really surprised that people are reacting negatively towards you. The fact is your ears are not the gold standard for anything but you. No one is justifying anything other than the fact that the modeled amps very well may have some characteristics that aren't always desirable, and Line 6's position has always been to include these things in the model. They do make original, more idealized models. Have you tried the new Litigator model, for instance? That is Line 6's take on an idealized mid-gain amp model, where they tried to minimize the less desirable aspects of these sorts of amps and emphasize other parts.

There's quite a few on relatively major tours right now... But here's the thing. When you make this sort of disparaging comment, which is really quite insulting, are you really surprised that people are reacting negatively towards you. The fact is your ears are not the gold standard for anything but you. No one is justifying anything other than the fact that the modeled amps very well may have some characteristics that aren't always desirable, and Line 6's position has always been to include these things in the model. They do make original, more idealized models. Have you tried the new Litigator model, for instance? That is Line 6's take on an idealized mid-gain amp model, where they tried to minimize the less desirable aspects of these sorts of amps and emphasize other parts.

Some people like bud light. Some people love dennys. Id like a beer that tastes good and includes flavor. Id like food that is not filled with salt and uses good ingredients for experiencing a satisfying meal. Otherwise I'll stay home. If theres only bud light, I probably just won't drink. People that like those things may get offended and call me a snob. That's fine. My taste buds are not the golden standard but I'm confident In what I like and in my tastes.

Line 6 is still a bud light but they have a new line of margarita beers to compete with mikes hard lemonade.

And please. Please share who's using them on your for amp modeling or to replace an amp. Id love go see it

Seems to have gone from "can I get help" to "finally can everyone please admit that they are burdened with this piece of gear".

I would wager that there have been no audio clips of this "perceived issue" because the o.p in actuality does not have a helix, and is simply trolling

• Upvote 3

Seems to have gone from "can I get help" to "finally can everyone please admit that they are burdened with this piece of gear".

I would wager that there have been no audio clips of this "perceived issue" because the o.p in actuality does not have a helix, and is simply trolling

That is so so so lame. I'm not a troll and it's slander and you could be under legal ramifications according to another user on here. Lol Do trolls spend this much time with these posts?

I'm just leaving guitar center and when I was returning it the guy asked why I was returning it. I went thru this whole thing explaining the artifacts and he said "oh, you mean it sounds like a line 6?". Hilarious.

I'm just being honest dude. I did come for help hoping there was a way to figure this out. Sadly, the case that comes with it was the thing I least wanted to give back. It was a pretty sweet case.

I got it used from guitar center for 1200 bucks. Great deal. It doesn't matter. This is like an epiphone. It sounds fine, lots of people like them. But then pick up an American or a custom shop. Granted it's more expensive but again, once you get to a certain level of enlightenment you cant go back.

And. You're super lame troll comment is super lame. And I tel you, we have the latest lamers, the best. -trumpy

joseroys - You asked what major artists are using The Helix - Oz Fox from Stryper is using the Helix instead of an amp.  He uses the Cali Rectifier model with a minotaur in front of it.  There are pics of him onstage with it over at The Line  Helix Group on FB and someone asked him about it after the concert.   I'm sure there are many others but that recent post came to mind.

There are other pros using Helix on tour, but it doesn't matter.

It doesn't work for the OP. So what. Big deal. Move on to something that does. I still maintain that I could take his patch and adjust it to get rid of the artifact he's hearing, but he's moving on, so there's no point.

• Upvote 1

There are other pros using Helix on tour, but it doesn't matter.

It doesn't work for the OP. So what. Big deal. Move on to something that does. I still maintain that I could take his patch and adjust it to get rid of the artifact he's hearing, but he's moving on, so there's no point.

I doubt it buddy. And it does matter, I'd like to know who else uses it other than a dude from stryper?

And you guys demeanor when I started giving opinions you were not in agreement sucks. Why do you get so bent out of shape about it? Laughable.

And what makes you think you can dial it out. Or would you have to write a 100 page essay on how to do it.

"Oh it sounds like a line 6?"

"Hilarious."

Well we can now see what this thread was really about. Write off, and move on.

I'm not sure sure what this means. What is it really about smart guy? I'm just sharing what he told me.

As someone who worked at 3 major music stores for a total of 7 years, back when you had to know your stuff to work there, we got to try out tons of stuff. I know prosumer gear, immediately and I thought line 6 had fixed it. It's hard to believe this thing was developed from the ground up.

And they fact that you guys get all butt hurt by someones honest feedback and experience is really really weird.

"Oh it sounds like a line 6?"

"Hilarious."

Well we can now see what this thread was really about. Write off, and move on.

I'm not sure sure what this means. What is it really about smart guy? I'm just sharing what he told me.

As someone who worked at 3 major music stores for a total of 7 years, back when you had to know your stuff to work there, we got to try out tons of stuff. I know prosumer gear, immediately and I thought line 6 had fixed it. It's hard to believe this thing was developed from the ground up.

And they fact that you guys get all butt hurt by someones honest feedback and experience is really really weird.

Now I must go check out my jhs mini foot fuzz that just came in her mail. Pretty sure there are no "artifacts" with this guy

Oh. And one more thing.

This artifact noise, digital distortion, crap that I hear is not only with the amps. It's with the pedals too. Clean amp with low gain is fine but add a distortion or overdrive in front with a little gain and voila, same noise. It's not an "amp characteristic " like mentioned above.

I don't know how this stupid thread got out of control but you guys have really turned me off to this site. Sad and disgusting. Other than my line 6 dl4, I will avoid this crap like the plague and Boehringer

• Downvote 1

I doubt it buddy. And it does matter, I'd like to know who else uses it other than a dude from stryper?

And you guys demeanor when I started giving opinions you were not in agreement sucks. Why do you get so bent out of shape about it? Laughable.

And what makes you think you can dial it out. Or would you have to write a 100 page essay on how to do it.

Garbage is currently touring running all guitars through Helices, going direct.

Lincoln Brewster is another guy who comes to mind.

Twelve Foot Ninja, of course...

Pete Thorn uses a Helix-based board for one of his touring rigs (although more as effects-only, I believe). Devin Townsend has been doing stuff with a Helix... Those are just a few of the top of my head. There are others here and many that aren't listed there. I mean, the Helix has been available for about 18 months now, so it's not as if touring guitarists are necessarily looking to change their rigs immediately. But the user base, both professional and amateur is going to continue grow. The thing that's great about Helix, imo, is it's not just an amp modeler. It's also a very functional and flexible multi-fx unit and MIDI controller that can be incorporated easily into existing rigs.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Personally, I think having a little more patience with it would have been rewarding for you, but you made your decision. No need to insult or belittle those who are happy with it as inferior guitarists with poor taste.

• Upvote 1

People get defensive about stuff, because they dump a grand and a half on something and have to feel like unless it's the best thing for everyone and anyone who disagrees must be mad.

It's nuts.

It didn't work for him. So what. Not convinced that his issues weren't fixable, but he doesn't want to continue with it. Leave it alone.

So what.

There are other fish to fry without insulting other people. 

• Upvote 2

People get defensive about stuff, because they dump a grand and a half on something and have to feel like unless it's the best thing for everyone and anyone who disagrees must be mad.

It's nuts.

It didn't work for him. So what. Not convinced that his issues weren't fixable, but he doesn't want to continue with it. Leave it alone.

So what.

There are other fish to fry without insulting other people.

Leave it alone I will. But what is nuts is the OP with vague terminology, still has yet to produce a clip, or really demonstrated much in genuinely wanting to fix the problem rather than just obsessively stating it. Mentioning that... we are told "I dont have to validate to you." Despite his most recent posts contradicting that, while looking down his nose at those of us who question.

And we are the sad ones? Bit skewed there huh?

But that said, I'm leaving it alone and moving along. Hope the OP finds what he is looking for...

umm.. do you happen to leave your mobile phone in close proximity to your guitar when playing.? i've noticed some weird noises come thru my setup if it is within a foot or two of my guitar. kind of digital artifacty type sounds

Thanks man. No, no phone. You get those sounds from the pod? I do experience that thru some apps but never heard it on a modeler.

Leave it alone I will. But what is nuts is the OP with vague terminology, still has yet to produce a clip, or really demonstrated much in genuinely wanting to fix the problem rather than just obsessively stating it. Mentioning that... we are told "I dont have to validate to you." Despite his most recent posts contradicting that, while looking down his nose at those of us who question.

And we are the sad ones? Bit skewed there huh?

But that said, I'm leaving it alone and moving along. Hope the OP finds what he is looking for...

Whatever dude. I described it the best I could. And making and posting a video takes some work which I'm just not willing to do. Maybe if I could just upload something directly I would but I'm pretty sure I have to link it to you tube or SoundCloud or something which means I have to create a new SoundCloud or YouTube cause I don't want some test thing on my music stuff. Whatever I shouldn't have to do that although I agree it would help.

Plus. I pointed out the sound on that video. It's there. I'm happy for you that you can't hear it.

Enjoy your pod