Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD - much clearer Bank and Patch Selection

Smashcraaft

Sometimes I am bored and that´s when I start to develop ideas and post them on ideascale for no reason at all…  B)

I am not really happy with the selection auf the patches because it is often happening, that I have similar named patches in different banks.
For example I store patches like "crunch", "lead", "clean" in a bank which is related to a song.

Because of that, I like to see the recent offered bank represented by its bank-name, which could be handled as designed below… 

Having owned/ gigged Boss GT-3/8/10-Roland GR33/55 etc.../ Korg multi-effects/ Digitech multi-effects etc...

I quite like the layout of physical switches on my HD500 and dont care about naming banks.I always learn where all 10 of them are

and always know how to access them.Right now I am not using it a lot.Waiting for the new IR loading pedal by Atomic to use with it.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, 

I'm new to the site and just recently purchased a HD500x.  I created my own custom patches, but I'm having some problems with this:  I want to switch between patches using the up and down bank arrows, but they just seem to want to move around the current patch i'm using to different spots instead of going to patches before or afterward.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you again.

As you've observed, the arrow switches move up or down to the next bank of 4 patches...the A,B,C and D switches are what you use to change from one patch to another. At any given time, you only have access to one bank of 4 patches. If you need more than 4 to be accessible for a given tune, it requires more tap dancing. You'll have to changes banks first with the up/down arrows, then select the patch you want with the A thru D switches.