Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I have an old pod xt that recently stopped working. The signal from my guitar was not getting through the pod at some point. Whether before or after dsp, it won't output any sound. That being the case, I was wondering at the MIDI capabilities of the board. I know that one could use a controller(s) to control parameters inside the xt, but could one use the xt itself as a controller for another unit, whether another POD or even a computer-based processor such as Amplitude or Guitar Rig? I know the ins and outs of computer audio, I just need to know if the xt itself has the capability to send MIDI triggers to another unit, whether as to recall various presets or channels, or to turn on/off affects in a separate dsp unit.

I had been looking in to MIDI controllers as it was, such as Behringer's FCB1010 and Roland's FC300, but was disappointed to learn that they don't have much ability to turn effects on or off, but only to recall presets. I am hoping that the xt has these capabilities so as to simplify the completion of my current guitar setup.

My thanks.

J.P.