Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 Boot Loop

JMBush01

Hi,

My POD HD500 was working fine one night, I unplugged it, went to bed, and the next morning it was stuck in a boot loop. I did not move it or anything, I just unplugged it.

Anyway, I tried the left d-pad button on startup, which doesn't do anything. The down d-pad button elicits a "update flash" prompt, and the right d-pad button brings up another screen. However, my usb jack has been broken for a while now (I haven't done anything about it because I mostly edit tones directly on the unit, and use a different audio interface) so I do not have a way of reloading the firmware.

I'm guessing that it's probably worth it to order a new usb jack and try to reflash the firmware, yes? unless the left button not doing anything is a sign that the usb won't help anyway. Anyone have a link for the best place to order the jack? Also, a few of my footswitches were giving me problems so I swapped the ones that I used regularly for ones that worked consistently and vice versa. A good place to buy the microswitches would be appreciated as well.

Any other suggestions are also very much appreciated.

Thanks,

JB

You can use this cable also to reflash the firmware, instead of using the USB jack in your POD, you use the MIDI L/R outputs and connect them to the USB port of your PC.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjTr4HsrpfSAhVNPYEKHZQaC0oYABALGgJ5dw&sig=AOD64_2bTnomKADB_8hVPjdnb4nycsAQyQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjP8v3rrpfSAhWBPCYKHd1UAVIQwg8IMg&adurl=

You can use this cable also to reflash the firmware, instead of using the USB jack in your POD, you use the MIDI L/R outputs and connect them to the USB port of your PC.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjTr4HsrpfSAhVNPYEKHZQaC0oYABALGgJ5dw&sig=AOD64_2bTnomKADB_8hVPjdnb4nycsAQyQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjP8v3rrpfSAhWBPCYKHd1UAVIQwg8IMg&adurl=

I don't believe this works. When you use one of these devices and try to connect via midi cable using Line 6 Monkey, none of the HD devices are listed.

I don't believe this works. When you use one of these devices and try to connect via midi cable using Line 6 Monkey, none of the HD devices are listed.

I remember I did this with a POD XT LIVE, I have the cable so I will give it a try tonight...  :ph34r:

Remember the XTL did originally use the midi ports not the USB and may have retain the code for it. If it works on the HD be sure to post the results for others.

I would try another power supply if you can. The PS if dying can create some havoc.

Hi,

My POD HD500 was working fine one night, I unplugged it, went to bed, and the next morning it was stuck in a boot loop. I did not move it or anything, I just unplugged it.

Anyway, I tried the left d-pad button on startup, which doesn't do anything. The down d-pad button elicits a "update flash" prompt, and the right d-pad button brings up another screen. However, my usb jack has been broken for a while now (I haven't done anything about it because I mostly edit tones directly on the unit, and use a different audio interface) so I do not have a way of reloading the firmware.

I'm guessing that it's probably worth it to order a new usb jack and try to reflash the firmware, yes? unless the left button not doing anything is a sign that the usb won't help anyway. Anyone have a link for the best place to order the jack? Also, a few of my footswitches were giving me problems so I swapped the ones that I used regularly for ones that worked consistently and vice versa. A good place to buy the microswitches would be appreciated as well.

Any other suggestions are also very much appreciated.

Thanks,

JB

Occasionally, when I have other things connected (Variax VDI, USB), the HD does this. I unplug everything, and power up again, and it's fine.

Thanks for all the replies!

Occasionally, when I have other things connected (Variax VDI, USB), the HD does this. I unplug everything, and power up again, and it's fine.

Yeah, I forgot to mention, I had read that and tried that as well. Didn't have anything plugged in but the power and it still didn't work.

Looks like the best option is to buy a new jack, install it, and try to flash the firmware with USB

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Currently looking for a solution to this problem as well. A friend just gave me his POD HD500 that is stuck in a bootloop. Said that his friend used the wrong power supply on it and now it does this. I was looking for a flash solution to possibly reset it but tearing it open and replacing parts is my next option. I'll report back if I find a solution.

• 5 months later...