Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

a few more questions on the pod hd,,,

scuzzo

so i got this for a hundred and some change,  and im now thinking it would be nice to get a short board for it just to fool around with but,  i was wondering what are some recommendations...  i was thinking  a line 6 mk ii express,  but i dont know any thing about what is out there and what is compat with the pod hd desktop..  im not really digging the idea of a full size board attachment. 

also,

is there a touch sensitive wha avail on the pod hd desktop?   also called a T wha..  or is there a way of sculpting one?  i know that my pod xt had one.. and all the amp sim programs i have used, guitar rig 4, amplitube,  all have allowances for a touch wha... what about the pod hd?

so i got this for a hundred and some change,  and im now thinking it would be nice to get a short board for it just to fool around with but,  i was wondering what are some recommendations...  i was thinking  a line 6 mk ii express,  but i dont know any thing about what is out there and what is compat with the pod hd desktop..  im not really digging the idea of a full size board attachment. 

Get the FBV3. Amazing controller for your HD Desktop but also great as a computer MIDI controller. A real shame is that those pretty colored LED rings are not controllable with its editor,  anything but the Firehawk 1500 can change the LED colors. (Why, Line6, Why!!??)

So.. Red rings only, but still a interesting device.

Edited: Vote for selectable LED colors Rings for the FBV3

The FBV2 MKII can be found around 100 bucks used.

also,

is there a touch sensitive wha avail on the pod hd desktop?   also called a T wha..  or is there a way of sculpting one?  i know that my pod xt had one.. and all the amp sim programs i have used, guitar rig 4, amplitube,  all have allowances for a touch wha... what about the pod hd?

The so called "V-tron", "Tron up" and "Tron Down." Kinda meh! for my tastes. I bought the real EH Q-Tron+ just becouse I love this effect.

In my opinion, there are still a few analog effects that cannot to be replicated properly by a digital device: the dynamic effects. And of course the Q-tron is one of them. I have the same opinion about the compressors, so I searched for a noiseless and transparent one and got a Rothwell Love Squeeze. 

The only effect that I'm really missing right now its a Wah activated by foot pressure, like the Wowee Wah. Theres no digital device —even the mighty Helix— capable to do that at this time.

• Upvote 1

I've been using the FBV MK2 shortboard for years into a POD HD Desktop including outdoors in blistering heat. It has worked great, with maintenance. Occasionally, I needed to lube the pedal to remove squeak, and in some cases had to lube/clean internal switches for better contact. (yes, it can be taken apart if careful). One gripe I have is for brightly lit stages and especially outdoors, the chrome buttons can be brighter than the nearby indicator LEDS, making it difficult to know if the button is engaged or not. I understand that FBV3 fixed some issues, but I can't know for sure because there was never a real manual for it during the time I was considering purchasing it. I wonder if they ever posted one?