Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How many here have the FX Block Lit up problem

jpdennis

As I recollect, this has been reported previously here on these Forums.

If you have not already done so, submit a Line 6 Support Ticket.

If not corrected in the forthcoming 2.20 firmware version (expected before Month's end). it will be corrected in a subsequent release.

As I recollect, this has been reported previously here on these Forums.

If you have not already done so, submit a Line 6 Support Ticket.

If not corrected in the forthcoming 2.20 firmware version (expected before Month's end). it will be corrected in a subsequent release.

I did report this but the tech said he could not reproduce it and wanted a patch.  I will submit several tonight since it seems to be a set-list once I have 5 or 8 patches in ti..  However, I was also wondering how many of us have submitted this bug to support since this has been mentioned since F/W 2.10.

Dennis

I've seen it intermittently, no computer involved. Not common for me, but disconcerting. Firmware 2.11, didn't upgrade to 2.12 because I thought it came w this issue, but recently I've seen it occasionally anyway.

Does this happen immediately after powering on the unit, or does it happen after a while when it is powered on?

I saw it recently while tweaking presets and playing. Lights were correct at startup, noticed they were confused some time later. Fine again after restart.

Once I turn the unit on and first use the switch in my first used patch it stay in this state for any and every patch.  I use some 1024 IRs and have a guitar in to A(100)/B(100) routing to 2A/2B.  I am wondering if it is related to the Custom name feature for naming a single FS which I do for every multi-FX block single FS latch mode situation.  And once it happens all the blocks stay as they were.  A wah or volume or pitch will stay in the state it was.  That is if it is an off state and I use the toe switch on the pedal it still shows off but it is active through the system.

It did it to me today during practice with no USB connected. This is the First time I noticed it without the USB cable plugged into the device. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way it's situated on my floor board. Could this be an overheating issue?

Definitely not overheating here. It's winter in New England, my basement "studio" is cool, bordering on cold some days.

Mine wasn't on a floor board either, or even on the floor, when it happened to me. Was up on some plastic drawers, since I was editing a bunch. Not this, but something similar.

Once I use a patch the first time and the FX Blocks are lit, even when inactive, every patch will become problematic.  What I mean is that an inactive patch will still appear inactive even after I activate the block and it is working actively.  So I guess this is a quandary for Line 6 to isolate something this bizarre.

When I turn off the Helix the very next time I turn it on the same thing happens during my sets.

I probably should have labeled this FX Block active/inactive state problem.

Dennis

PS: I did send them my set-list with every individual patch as well to include the placement of the IRs I sent with a picture of the EQ, though I'm not using the EQ in an active state at this time.

It did it to me today during practice with no USB connected. This is the First time I noticed it without the USB cable plugged into the device. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way it's situated on my floor board. Could this be an overheating issue?

I have the opposite problem, where they don't show on the screen as active, when they are. Only sometimes, on certain patches.

That opposite problem is what happened to me. Several blocks looked inactive, which they shouldn't have been, and weren't.

Yep.   WAH block when first going to a new preset with 2.12

[uPDATE]

Line 6 support was able to replicate the issue.  They are definitely working on it.  So, I just want to say THANK YOU LINE 6 SUPPORT!  Great team.  And thanks to everyone here and the whole forum.  Now we will have to be patient. (Yes I said that)  :D  I am positive Line 6 will identify the root cause and correct this issue.  I would say let's give them more time to even release update 2.20 with all the new coding/re-coding necessary for the MIDI clock and all.  Maybe this problem we are having will be fixed in this or the next update. {Don't tie me to the stake oh Line 6 Helix users} :unsure:  

But again I am happy we in this forum can be a benefit to the company that has developed such a broad piece of equipment. 

I even set up a Bassman (Tweed Blues Brt) patch with just a Tube Screamer FX, a Echo-Reverb FX, and a Vol block.  I used this topic for the amp settings http://line6.com/support/topic/25812-greg-koch-knows-bassman/

Then I plugged in one of my Les Pauls at rehearsal tonight and I "Still Got The Blues"  Oh yea!! :ph34r:

Dennis

• Upvote 1