Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 on sale today

zooey

No experience with it myself, but I think I remember folks here talking positively about it. It's the stupid deal of the day at MF, $299.99, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

The rack version is a better fit for studio in my opinion. I would have bought that instead of the floor unit in hindsight. However it sounds great and all the reverbs and effects that are in it work just as well for guitar or whatever your running through it. The reverbs sound much better in my opinion then what comes in the Helix, it's a great fx unit period. you can get a b stock or used one for right around the same price ($299.00) so yeah go for it. Been using it with the helix and the combo is stellar. I can answer any other questions you may have so feel free to ask. You may be able to find a used one cheaper but with no warranty and or tech support.

> Been using it with the helix and the combo is stellar.

I have a Voicelive 3 but can't decide how to connect it and the Helix. I would like to use the FX in the VL3 as well as its looper. Is this feasible?

connect it via the sends and returns on the back of the helix( I have the rack version of the Helix) or line out of the helix to the line in of the voicelive. or you can go digital ins and outs. I like the sends and returns option personally. mono send from the helix to the Voicelive, stereo return back to the Helix. Or mono return, either one. Using the looper would totally work in that situation too. Just remember that where you send and return from in the FX chain of the helix will matter quite a bit. if you Have a series Fx chain in the Helix and send out of it at the end of the chain all of your signal chain will be effected by the Voicelive. Obviously if it's parallel then you have two completely different FX routes and only one of them will be processed by the Voicelive. Send from the Helix at line level not instrument level and connect to the line level inputs on the voicelive. option two would be to send from the Helix at instrument level and use a DI box to kick it down to mic level and then go into the Voicelive's mic pre input. This way one could take advantage of their favorite DI boxes( U5, reddi, Rnd, etc.........). Or send from the Helix too your favorite channel strip and then to the Voicelive round trip back to the helix for further processing. Its all good and the tonal options are only limited buy your imagination and of course available cash flow. Last way is to send from the Voicelive via the guitar thru to the Helix's front instrument jack, this creates a split from the voicelive. this way one could process their voice and their guitar separate and then mix from front of house or from your daw. There is also midi control, slave one to the other and change your patches and snap shots together!