Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 600 bridge posts

nskin

I have got a Variax 600 and it has the problem with the tremelo posts being too high. Looks like it's the post inserts that haven't been fitted properly, they sit above the level of the body so the posts can't be screwed down far enough.

Think this was a problem that others have had and it was a manufacturing fault.

Can anybody tell me if line 6 ever did anything about this and/or the best fix so the trem can be set up properly with it flush against the body and not high on one side?

Thanks.

I have got a Variax 600 and it has the problem with the tremelo posts being too high. Looks like it's the post inserts that haven't been fitted properly, they sit above the level of the body so the posts can't be screwed down far enough.

Think this was a problem that others have had and it was a manufacturing fault.

Can anybody tell me if line 6 ever did anything about this and/or the best fix so the trem can be set up properly with it flush against the body and not high on one side?

Thanks.

I agree with Smashcraft - this is exactly how my 600 was. It is the correct height, and is set up as a floating bridge which means the tremolo can be used to both raise, and lower the pitch of the strings. The problem I had was the pivot point on the posts caused metal fatigue on the bridge plate, and chunks came off, making it unusable. I transplanted to a Strat copy using the traditional 6 screw fixing system, which is superior in my opinion. This is also set up to float, with the securing screws loosened a small amount to allow the bridge to sit up a little higher, and slightly angled.