Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hard Shell Guitar Case For A Jtv-59?

So I recently bought my JTV-59 from the local GC (Korean version not the USA$$$ Version), and it came in a gig bag. Not that the gig bag isn't nice, but I really don't like soft cases, I paid way too much money to lug around this guitar in a soft case. I have a Gator "Universal" case I bought for another guitar, and it works fine for that guitar (Godin Progression - Strat style guitar), but I tried putting the JTV into it and it doesn't support the neck correctly. There's so much tilt back on the headstock on the JTV that the tip of the headstock touches the bottom of the case and the neck isn't actually being supported by the neck pocket in the case. It's sitting above it.

I was actually amazed that they sell this guitar for $1400 with no hard shell case, but I guess that's how it goes. I guess I'd rather they put the money into the instrument, rather than the case, but now I have to find one to fit.

Can anyone out there with a JTV-59 recommend a particular case that will fit this guitar correctly? I don't know if a case made for a Gibson LP would work - body's are kind of similar. Anyone buy a case for their JTV-59 that they like?

Thanks!

awesome find. I checked their site earlier.... cases are real reasonable based on how the quality looks.

just can't be sure what will fit in it, but you've taken care of that for us.

Here is the link to the one I use it fits it perfectly and its reasonable priced 74.00

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Tweed-Hard-Shell-Case-fits-Les-Paul-XV-500-XV-700-Real-Cloth-tweed_p_2197.html

awesome find. I checked their site earlier.... cases are real reasonable based on how the quality looks.

just can't be sure what will fit in it, but you've taken care of that for us.

Its actually pretty good quality both their cases and guitars.  If I just wanted a normal electric guitar I would have stuck with their les paul (hollow body knockoff) plays really good sounded good too.  And about a quarter of the price...  But I wanted something more flexible like the Variax...

So I recently bought my JTV-59 from the local GC (Korean version not the USA$$$ Version), and it came in a gig bag. Not that the gig bag isn't nice, but I really don't like soft cases, I paid way too much money to lug around this guitar in a soft case. I have a Gator "Universal" case I bought for another guitar, and it works fine for that guitar (Godin Progression - Strat style guitar), but I tried putting the JTV into it and it doesn't support the neck correctly. There's so much tilt back on the headstock on the JTV that the tip of the headstock touches the bottom of the case and the neck isn't actually being supported by the neck pocket in the case. It's sitting above it.

I was actually amazed that they sell this guitar for $1400 with no hard shell case, but I guess that's how it goes. I guess I'd rather they put the money into the instrument, rather than the case, but now I have to find one to fit.

Can anyone out there with a JTV-59 recommend a particular case that will fit this guitar correctly? I don't know if a case made for a Gibson LP would work - body's are kind of similar. Anyone buy a case for their JTV-59 that they like?

Thanks!

Hi

I have a JTV59 Cherrysunbusrt and like the GatorCase.

I have one for my strat and buy another for my JTV59 with SG type

In France i find it here

http://fr.euroguitar.com/accessoire/gator/sg/116069.html

Sure you can find it !

Regards

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

You can simply buy the case (or a "custom case" that happens to be identical and that fits the guitar perfectly) from G&G. They're just around the corner from my old studio in downtown LA. Contact them, tell them what you need and go from there. They do excellent real custom work by the way -- I've got a couple of guitars that have odd shapes and dimensions, and a '67 Gibson ES-335-12 that Gibson won't sell me a case for (*******s), so they get the call. 

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to make the same decision myself! Basically, found out on Saturday that GtrCntr has the JTV59 on sale. Emailed Zzounds to price match, and they got back to me today with the price match, including the payment plan option.

Here's what I've seen thus far in the other threads of this discussion of hard case option, at the moment leaning toward the Epiphone case or the Gator case.

SKB 56

($113 - $144)

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DAVSKB56

Epiphone case for LP style guitars

($79 )

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPILPCASE

Gator GC-LPS

($99 )

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GATGCLPS

Gibson Les Paul case

($199)

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBASLPCASE

Tweed Case for LP style

($74.00)

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Tweed-Hard-Shell-Case-fits-Les-Paul-XV-500-XV-700-Real-Cloth-tweed_p_2197.html

• Upvote 1

For now, I went with the Epiphone hard case; it arrives...with the JTV59 tomorrow! according to the FedEx tracking.. :)

I ended up going with Zzounds after they offered to price match the JTV59 sale price being advertised on Gtr Center. I only had five days to decide, but 45 days after it arrives to more carefully consider.The 'processing' fee to use their 8 payment plan was still substantially less than the $100 in tax with G.C.

Thus far, Sweetwater refused to price match another user here, and they haven't responded to my price match request. They were only offering it as a 3-payment plan, or using their credit line. But the sale price is $400 less than the $1,499 that everyone else is offering. Bundling the two together also makes the case 8 payments, so if I return the guitar can do the same with the case, not being much at all out of pocket to indulge my G.A.S.

That being said, If I keep this rig, would certainly like to track down that Hiscox case, it just looks solid, and I like the fact that it fits snug, but has extra storage space inside.

Well, almost here! Too funny - though I ordered it all at the same time, the case shipped about an hour before the JTV; so the Epiphone LP case just arrived today, and the JTV while it's in Chicago at the FedEx location, is telling me delivery tomorrow. Still, will have a day to check it over and make sure all is well before we jam on Friday.

Hey thanks for the tip! That's exactly the case I bought, and you are 100% spot on, it's perfect.

You are welcome! I also have a JTV59 in Tobacco Sunburst - nice looking guitar!  Like your pics - your one looks like it has an excellent finish too!    :)

• 2 years later...

Gator cases are decent, and in that price range. I've got 2. Not a "road case" by any stretch of the imagination, but fine for local gigs. Just don't hand it off to the schmucks at the airport.

Do you know what the Gator model number is?  I just do local gigs but would want to make sure it supports the JTV59 neck properly.

Do you know what the Gator model number is? I just do local gigs but would want to make sure it supports the JTV59 neck properly.

Not offhand...I know there are a couple of sizes, but the basic design is the same. They tell you how to figure it out. ...measuring across the widest part of the body, etc etc.

The "economy" ones are not molded, form-fitting cases...they're pretty generic. It's essentially an empty box, with a fairly large flip-top crap compartment in the middle. But for under $100, that's pretty much all you're gonna get. If you want a more fitted case that supports the entire length of the neck, I believe they've those too, but you're probably gonna have to spend more than $100.

• Upvote 1