Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I bet you cannot get this tone

itsslash

Have you guys learned nothing from childhood? If you keep responding to him, this forum will be plagued by his bizarre one-song fetish until the end of time. He wants to instigate, and get a rise out of people. But without an audience, he'll vanish like a fart in the wind. Let him go....

• Upvote 2

Have you guys learned nothing from childhood? If you keep responding to him, this forum will be plagued by his bizarre one-song fetish until the end of time. He wants to instigate, and get a rise out of people. But without an audience, he'll vanish like a fart in the wind. Let him go....

His  first thread ended gaga already...

http://line6.com/support/topic/25715-can-the-helix-replicate-this-tone/

Troll yourself, poor boy itsslash...

I can't believe there is not a moderator to delete this stuff and ban the guy....

He's been reported - several times. Line 6 prefers to keep official forum sanctions to a minimum. We have all the control we need ourselves. Just ignore him and he'll go away.

Seriously - let this be the last post in this thread, and ignore any others he starts.

I like a lightly moderated forum, but folks like this still manage to gum up the works, especially for new people who come in.

Since the forum is hosted by Line 6, it actually ends up reflecting bad on them when they don't moderate out the freaks.

Keep reporting this guy, folks.

• Upvote 1

After carefully listening to the track multiple times through headphones I think I've pinpointed what's missing. Bacon. Until Helix comes up with a bacon model it's not going to be possible. Maybe you could start an ideascale so you can finally nail that tone.

If you listen carefully at the 2:18 mark, what's missing is obviously MAPLE bacon....it's clear as day. I swear, sometimes I think everyone around here is deaf but me. ;)

• Upvote 2

If you listen carefully at the 2:18 mark, what's missing is obviously MAPLE bacon....it's clear as day. I swear, sometimes I think everyone around here is deaf but me. ;)

The problem is that currently we can only model uncured bacon, which is more delicious, but has a totally different crystal lattice structure...

Speaking of bacon, you guys ever try making bacon at home? It is pretty easy. I don't buy store bought bacon any more. Home made bacon is a spiritual experience. 

It is a simple dry cure on a pork belly in the refrigerator for 7-10 days, then just smoke it to an internal temperature of about 150 degrees F. You can alter the taste by modifying the dry cure to incorporate more pepper or maple if you wish. 

• Upvote 2

Speaking of bacon, you guys ever try making bacon at home? It is pretty easy. I don't buy store bought bacon any more. Home made bacon is a spiritual experience. 

It is a simple dry cure on a pork belly in the refrigerator for 7-10 days, then just smoke it to an internal temperature of about 150 degrees F. You can alter the taste by modifying the dry cure to incorporate more pepper or maple if you wish. 

Dude, that ain't $#!† unless you actually raise the hogs yourself, too... #lightweight #wannabe #knowyourbacon

• Upvote 1

Dude, that ain't $#!† unless you actually raise the hogs yourself, too... #lightweight #wannabe #knowyourbacon

Yeah, but I use real tubes (not modeling) in my smoker, so it all balances out in the mix. 

Yeah, but I use real tubes (not modeling) in my smoker, so it all balances out in the mix. 

If they aren't NOS that were ACTUALLY USED BY THE BEATLES... you are just cooking up something too ordinary to bother with. #poseur

If they aren't NOS that were ACTUALLY USED BY THE BEATLES... you are just cooking up something too ordinary to bother with. #poseur

Yeah, but we were talking about Andy Summers, so... I wonder if Andy Summers likes bacon. 

I'm surprised no one else has figured out how to get past the censor..

Honestly I'm beginning to like these threads, they turn into a nice off topic discussion usually.

Although you guys are killing me with all this bacon talk.. The wife doesn't eat meat so I'm very pork deprived

I'm surprised no one else has figured out how to get past the censor..

Honestly I'm beginning to like these threads, they turn into a nice off topic discussion usually.

And your bacon preference? Regular, maple, apple wood smoked, candied, Canadian?

Canadian bacon is not really bacon. Not hating on our friends to the north, but bacon is from the pork's belly, not the back loin. It is still really tasty though. I make that at home as well. Another simple dry cure/smoking technique. The meat arts are my other hobby. 

AlexKenivel, sorry for your meat deprivation bro...

We have a lot of feral hogs here in Texas. I think my next meat project will be to harvest a nice large specimen for bacon and various sausages.

I'm hungry...