Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I bet you cannot get this tone

itsslash

Canadian bacon is not really bacon. Not hating on our friends to the north, but bacon is from the pork's belly, not the back loin. It is still really tasty though. I make that at home as well. Another simple dry cure/smoking technique. The meat arts are my other hobby. 

Canadians don't call it Canadian bacon. Not sure how we get blamed for that :-) Maybe ask Michael Moore.

The only place you'll see that phrase in Canada is in the menus of pizza chains that are HQd in the US.

• Upvote 1

Canadians don't call it Canadian bacon. Not sure how we get blamed for that :-) Maybe ask Michael Moore.

The only place you'll see that phrase in Canada is in the menus of pizza chains that are HQd in the US.

Man, I am so glad to hear that. It's something that has bugged me for many years. What is it called there?

• Upvote 1

Nice!

I also decided to give everyone a positive up vote for each of their posts. Everyone I haven't blocked anyway.

Cool. You got one from me also - as opposed to the troll who started this thread who is currently running at -78. Such a shame - more to be pitied than scolded.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe there is not a moderator to delete this stuff and ban the guy....

Oh he's not that bad really. He hasn't gotten majorly personal that I've seen. And his statements are so ridiculous, I find him ever so slightly amusing. Like a monkey in a zoo. Dance monkey dance. Or a clown in a circus. I can't wait for him to start challenging us to recreate some balloon animals. I love balloon animals.

• Upvote 1

IIRC, in the original recording of "Bacon in a Bottle" by the Pigs, there is supposed to be a secret message hidden under the smoking solo at 3:18. Has anyone ever been able to reveal this by playing the thing backwards. All I ever get is strange squealing noises. Could someone please post a perfect example of the sound.

Erm, I think I may be drunk!

One of my students had a weekend warriors showcase that I went and checked out earlier tonight. Really solid stuff and I gotta say it always impresses me at the talent and skill these kids seem to posess nowadays.

Anyway, one of the groups did a cover of Message in a Bottle and the kid absolutely nailed the tone. Do you want to know what the secret was? An Ibanez RG plugged straight into a Peavey Bandit 112, one of the newer Chinese made ones not a classic American made. So there you go, your holy grail tone has finally been dissected and in the process I'm pretty sure I've saved you a boatload of money.

Your welcome!

One of my students had a weekend warriors showcase that I went and checked out earlier tonight. Really solid stuff and I gotta say it always impresses me at the talent and skill these kids seem to posess nowadays.

Anyway, one of the groups did a cover of Message in a Bottle and the kid absolutely nailed the tone. Do you want to know what the secret was? An Ibanez RG plugged straight into a Peavey Bandit 112, one of the newer Chinese made ones not a classic American made. So there you go, your holy grail tone has finally been dissected and in the process I'm pretty sure I've saved you a boatload of money.

Your welcome!

What a load of horse poop.

• Downvote 6

Someone told me today that they believed Blade Runner and Alien to exist in the same universe. At first I thought he was nuts, but the more I think about it the more it really seems to work. It's kind of a cool concept. If you're in to such things. I am.

Sorry to divert from the threads primary topic, may I just say that I love bacon when it's super crisp. Not hard or tough but crisp, like if you dropped it it would shatter. That's good bacon.

Sorry to divert from the threads primary topic, may I just say that I love bacon when it's super crisp. Not hard or tough but crisp, like if you dropped it it would shatter. That's good bacon.

Stop derailing this thread please. Although, I definitely agree here.

Someone told me today that they believed Blade Runner and Alien to exist in the same universe. At first I thought he was nuts, but the more I think about it the more it really seems to work. It's kind of a cool concept. If you're in to such things. I am.

I never thought about a possible connection between Blade Runner and Alien. Possibly, and interesting. If not intentionally meant to be, the two universes seem similar enough they could be. Though Replicants are virtually indistinguishable from humans, meanwhile Alien's "androids" are clearly android which could be determined by a simple test. Replicants could only be identified through closely monitored psychological and physical responses under highly controlled conditions. I'm gonna have to go google that same universe thing. Neat idea!