Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hmm.M20d is fab but...

...my latest issue is Ch13/Ch14 on my M20d mixer playing up at a gig last night. I think it may be the grounding issue that's very familiar to everyone as the channel started cutting in and out and distorting. I've checked all my upstream kit, but managed to reproduce the fault from last night. Short term I'll be using other channels, but I'll need to get everything looked at...and I'm out of warranty now.

It's a common issue but if you're reasonably competent with a screwdriver and a soldering iron, and take your time, it can be sorted permanently and cheaply. Did 3 0f mine, rental desks, about 18 months ago and they have behaved pretty well since. We have one that locks up when it gets too warm, so I've put fans in the back of the rack mounts to keep them cool. I'm in the UK so if you're not feeling confident PM me and I'll see if I can help you.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! Yes, I'm based in the UK. 

I started to have a quick look at mine this morning (after more channels cut out last night) and managed to damage the middle screw head that fixes the lid to the body. I'll not being doing a DIY fix now and hope my local music equipment repairer can resolve for me now...