Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which Mission pedal for Helix floor unit?

Zodiaq77

I am wanting to buy an additional expression pedal or two for my Helix floor unit, which Mission expression pedal is used for the floor unit?  I see the one that is made for the rack but I do not know if that one is compatible or not?  Thanks.

I think you want the EP1-L6, because that one does not have the toe switch. The SP1-L6 does have the switch, but I don't think the floor unit has a port for the switch cable. I'm running the rack version with a controller (that does have the EXP toe cable port) so sorry if I am wrong about the floor unit not having that port. 

I use the cheap plastic EP1s. They are fine as long and you don't jump on them. You can get 3-4 of them for the price of one Mission pedal.

And you'd need 3 or 4 of them to last as long as one Mission pedal too...  ;)   :lol:

And you'd need 3 or 4 of them to last as long as one Mission pedal too...  ;)   :lol:

Yeah, probably but I have had good luck with them. I've had one for a few years now. Used it a long time with my M13 and M5. Still works like a champ. 

I have two EX-1s still, and they both still work. I think I got the first one in 2000, when I got my MM4. I bought another in 2002 or so... They've been mounted on pedalboards, thrown in gig bags, stepped on, kicked, etc, and they're still working fine. I did buy two Mission Engineering pedals for the Helix, but mainly for the stability of a heavier pedal. The EX-1 are much-maligned, but they aren't really fragile. I actually think those EX-1s might be some of the oldest pieces of gear I own. They've been used with multiple generations of other Line 6 gear that's been sold off or put in storage.

The EX-1 are much-maligned, but they aren't really fragile.

I'm sure they are great. I was Just comparing the wear and tear of hard plastic versus metal. Other than in water metal usually wins.