Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Built-in Limiter In The Stagesource Speakers Preventing Damage

Is your system an M20d and StageScape speakers? Ae you hooked up via L6 link?

The sensitivity controls on the speakers should be at 12 o'clock. I don't know what you mean by "staying on quite a bit". If that means about equal to quarter note beats with the music that's not too much but it means you'll need more speakers to cover the venue. You could also switch the preset on the outputs t the "punchy PA" setting and get some additional loudness.

Is your system an M20d and StageScape speakers? Ae you hooked up via L6 link?

The sensitivity controls on the speakers should be at 12 o'clock. I don't know what you mean by "staying on quite a bit". If that means about equal to quarter note beats with the music that's not too much but it means you'll need more speakers to cover the venue. You could also switch the preset on the outputs t the "punchy PA" setting and get some additional loudness.

Yes I have the M20D and the stage source speakers and yes with the beat and it was an outside gig

I managed to induce some squealing feedback on my system the other night. It was completely my fault, I dangled a microphone right in front of a stage monitor (l2m). I know feed back is not great for speakers but it got me thinking whether with all L6 components connected, is it still possible to damage the speakers if one is not careful? Or is there sufficient protection in there to not worry about it? All the limiters on the speakers are set to 12.

is it still possible to damage the speakers if one is not careful? Or is there sufficient protection in there to not worry about it?

Hey Nick

Limiters are set to give a reasonable amount of protection to most things that you could throw at a speaker.  But it is not a 100% guarantee.  It is possible to do this ... but you would have to throw away a significant amount of the capabilities of your system.  Most wouldn't want want to pay for performance and then only get to use 25% of it .

That said I wouldnt worry much over it.  Especially when you use the entire system via L6 link.  There's an incredible amount of protection well above the normal of other systems when you use L6 link.  When you combine that with the mixer's ability to ward off potential problems I wouldn't expect problems when using the system as a typical music system. 

Don't let it get hit by a lightning bolt, or in the middle of the Sahara during summer or at the North Pole during a blizzard. ;)