Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just for fun... who can replicate this tone?

Rocco_Crocco

This an interesting tone, very effects heavy and sounds like multiple guitar layers.

I will get to work but I bet there are others here who can get much closer.

In the off chance there are any takers, post up your attempts! Just the beginning guitar riff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJeGrLJ6dOI

All Helix, no post processing. 4 guitar tracks, Les Paul Standard with 57 Classics.  :D

Wow, that's SOLID.    I've read books about producers like Jimmy and the wild stuff they used to do in the studio to get different sounds back in the day, and sometimes I hesitate to even begin trying to duplicate it.  Sounds like you nailed it!

Wow, that's SOLID.    I've read books about producers like Jimmy and the wild stuff they used to do in the studio to get different sounds back in the day, and sometimes I hesitate to even begin trying to duplicate it.  Sounds like you nailed it!

Thanks, it's close. The only thing I didn't do is put a phaser effect on the Master Bus to get the swirling effect. But that's post processing and that would be cheating. Yeah Jimmy Page did some crazy stuff. Back in the day to get that effect you would use two tape machines and you would take your finger and gently slow down one of the machines and you would get that type of swirling effect. Not sure exactly how it was done on this track though. Sir George Martin used that trick on alot of Beatles recordings.

Glenn... that is perfect!

I used your 1959 Marshall preset for this. 3 guitar tracks. Epiphone Les Paul with a new DiMarzio Super 2 bridge pivkup.

I am new to DAWs. I put some Phaser from within Studio One on the tracks. I can't figure out how to shut the effects now! :lol: Guess I'm a cheater.

https://soundcloud.com/rocco-crocco/nobodys-fault

All Helix, no post processing. 4 guitar tracks, Les Paul Standard with 57 Classics.  :D

https://www.glenndelaune.com/nobody's-fault-sample.mp3

This is exactly why I've bought so many of Glenn's patch creations.  I probably couldn't get this close on my own --- and I don't want to spend hours trying.  I just want to play guitar and have it sound great.  And thanks to Glenn, that's what I do.