Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lovin' It

brain-donor

Couldn't be happier with my Helix! Hats off to Line 6 for such a great product that's so fun to use.  My band mate got an Ax8 right when I got my Helix and it's been interesting seeing how he's getting along with his rig vs me and mine.  I know the Fractal stuff is great and all but to me the difference is night and day as far as ease of use, ease of getting great sounds and just total coolness - the Helix just rocks!  I love the sound, love the feel and every week it delivers.  I'm sure that's not really news to everyone here but thought I'd throw it out there for what it's worth.

• Upvote 3

Couldn't be happier with my Helix! Hats off to Line 6 for such a great product that's so fun to use.  My band mate got an Ax8 right when I got my Helix and it's been interesting seeing how he's getting along with his rig vs me and mine.  I know the Fractal stuff is great and all but to me the difference is night and day as far as ease of use, ease of getting great sounds and just total coolness - the Helix just rocks!  I love the sound, love the feel and every week it delivers.  I'm sure that's not really news to everyone here but thought I'd throw it out there for what it's worth.

Welcome aboard, mate!!  Coming up on a year since getting mine and as I've said before, I've quite literally NEVER been as happy with a musical purchase, nor as satisfied with it's capabilities and performance.

Keep in mind - we're not finished yet w/developement, still some serious updates to come.  I suppose at some point they'll have all the functions they can squeeze into it - but even then there'll be new amps/fx for some time.  

Enjoy the ride!!

The first 4 months I was back and forth with my Helix, I loved it, but hated it at the same time.  I am a studio musician.

Once I learned its quirks with my recording system which I still have, but learned to work with, and spent some time dialing in tones that all changed.  I love my Helix now!

Best tones I have ever personally dialed in, and the fastest too, except for EZMix. Some of the EZmix guitar presets are really good sounding and it loads in about 10 seconds. There is very little dialing in a sound with EZ Mix because the chains are already there. (so for that reason I don't really count EZ Mix for me personally dialing in tones, as its a preset machine with 2 parameters) Though they are better than any tone I dialed in on any FX chain.... Except for my Helix tones! 

I've had mine for about 4 months now and I feel like I'm a kid with a Cool new action figure but I know this whole time I've only been really playing with just the leg the and haven't even played with the rest of it and it's still awesome

• Upvote 1

The amazing thing to me about the Helix is how much better you get at working with it over time.  I've had mine for a bit more than a year and I've learned so many new ways of doing things and getting great tones that I would never have imagined when I first started off with it.  That's what makes it fun...is growing with the capabilities.

I've had mine for about 4 months now and I feel like I'm a kid with a Cool new action figure but I know this whole time I've only been really playing with just the leg the and haven't even played with the rest of it and it's still awesome

Lol. Or how about an erector set where when you first got it and dumped everything out, a bunch of pieces fell under the bed, where the monsters live, only to be discovered a long time later.

• Upvote 1

Lol. Or how about an erector set where when you first got it and dumped everything out, a bunch of pieces fell under the bed, where the monsters live, only to be discovered a long time later.

Meh, I'm an 80's baby. Never had an erector set!