zzbaluba

SPIDER REMOTE APP SUCKS

Im really dissapointed too because this is the first time i buy an amp and just bought this headache (Spider V 120 and FBV 3 controller). Same problems as everybody and Im not going to buy anything else just to make it function. With what I have should be enough. I already have my laptop with Windows 10 OS.

21 minutes ago, mazorcol6 said:

Im really dissapointed too because this is the first time i buy an amp and just bought this headache (Spider V 120 and FBV 3 controller). Same problems as everybody and Im not going to buy anything else just to make it function. With what I have should be enough. I already have my laptop with Windows 10 OS.

What are you saying you have to buy?

Download and install the Windows editor... There is one now. https://line6.com/software/

cec73b22-9f01-4dc4-8cef-3dbcfa6083a0.png

I don't think it sucks at all, but I'll admit that there is more of a learning curve to this software than I expected.  Here's a little problem that I noticed  (sorry if this has already been discussed to death)

You've chosen a preset that has multiple parameters for a given effect  (example reverb).  You think it sounds pretty good, but you  decide to turn the reverb knob on the amp just a tiny bit.  Surprise!!  All of the little bar graphs representing the underlying parameters for that reverb effect change  A LOT.  You decide to put the knob back where it was, but discover that the only way to easily get the tonal quality where it was is to reload the preset. 

Line 6 has made an amp with amazing signal processing ability and this makes it all but impossible to adjust everything with front panel knobs.  Because of the complexity, they really need first rate software to manage all this.