Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SPIDER REMOTE APP SUCKS

zzbaluba

Im really dissapointed too because this is the first time i buy an amp and just bought this headache (Spider V 120 and FBV 3 controller). Same problems as everybody and Im not going to buy anything else just to make it function. With what I have should be enough. I already have my laptop with Windows 10 OS.

21 minutes ago, mazorcol6 said:

Im really dissapointed too because this is the first time i buy an amp and just bought this headache (Spider V 120 and FBV 3 controller). Same problems as everybody and Im not going to buy anything else just to make it function. With what I have should be enough. I already have my laptop with Windows 10 OS.

What are you saying you have to buy?

Download and install the Windows editor... There is one now. https://line6.com/software/

cec73b22-9f01-4dc4-8cef-3dbcfa6083a0.png

I don't think it sucks at all, but I'll admit that there is more of a learning curve to this software than I expected.  Here's a little problem that I noticed  (sorry if this has already been discussed to death)

You've chosen a preset that has multiple parameters for a given effect  (example reverb).  You think it sounds pretty good, but you  decide to turn the reverb knob on the amp just a tiny bit.  Surprise!!  All of the little bar graphs representing the underlying parameters for that reverb effect change  A LOT.  You decide to put the knob back where it was, but discover that the only way to easily get the tonal quality where it was is to reload the preset. 

Line 6 has made an amp with amazing signal processing ability and this makes it all but impossible to adjust everything with front panel knobs.  Because of the complexity, they really need first rate software to manage all this. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Yamaha need to get straight into this Line 6 crew and fire the entire application interface dept. I have just spent good money on a £400 Spider V MKII 120w and it is a bloody joke. The tones from the amp are stunning and that side of everything is excellent.

But then you start on the pathetic software...

I actually LIKE the sliders on the interface - a lot easier to adjust quickly than Boss Tone Studio... BUT BUT BUT

1 There is NO manual or guide whatever for the app!

2 NO drag and drop of presets into it.

3 ONLY a pathetic copy and paste way of moving blocks of presets around

4 NO way I can find of making saves onscreen, other than pressing and holding the save button on the amp

5 NO way of getting cloud tones or my tones, unless you connect it to an Android or Apple device...

6 And when I bought an adaptor and connected my Samsung mobile, the app locked the bloody thing up and I had a hell of a job getting the phone to work again!!!

How do Line 6 seriously expect to compete with the likes of the Katana, with this shambolic connectivity?

The sounds are great. The amp is great. The interface is KACK.

Edited by JamesOldfield1
Literals

On 9/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, JamesOldfield1 said:

Yamaha need to get straight into this Line 6 crew and fire the entire application interface dept. I have just spent good money on a £400 Spider V MKII 120w and it is a bloody joke. The tones from the amp are stunning and that side of everything is excellent.

But then you start on the pathetic software...

I actually LIKE the sliders on the interface - a lot easier to adjust quickly than Boss Tone Studio... BUT BUT BUT

1 There is NO manual or guide whatever for the app!

2 NO drag and drop of presets into it.

3 ONLY a pathetic copy and paste way of moving blocks of presets around

4 NO way I can find of making saves onscreen, other than pressing and holding the save button on the amp

5 NO way of getting cloud tones or my tones, unless you connect it to an Android or Apple device...

6 And when I bought an adaptor and connected my Samsung mobile, the app locked the bloody thing up and I had a hell of a job getting the phone to work again!!!

How do Line 6 seriously expect to compete with the likes of the Katana, with this shambolic connectivity?

The sounds are great. The amp is great. The interface is KACK.

Are you using the Spider Edit app on PC or Mac? That will do just about everything you've asked for. You can't drag an drop presets, but you can save on the app, go directly to the cloud, reorder presets by dragging, import or export presets, etc. Check it out.

The mobile app does have a way to go.   But the PC app is much better.    Could it also be improved, oh yeah it could.

However, it's better than the apps I used for my Fender modeler that I dropped after Windows 10 wouldn't support their app and the only mobile support was a 3rd party app called Remuda.   Mustang III V2..   Came to Line 6 after that and have been very happy with the Spider V series.

Sadly all the amplifier makers do just "enough" for the software, never to that extra level of elegance that would place it over the top.    However, I suspect marketing research shows that good enough versus elegant doesn't yield that much on development returns.    Alas...

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, jocko3147 said:

That's when it works which is only for about 5 minutes. It crashes all the time I don't use it any more. Nothing I hate more then having it crash right in the middle of editing a sound. 

wake up Line 6 fix the problem. 

image.thumb.png.2aa998541325c3c1d174141d7989f93e.png

The error message suggests you provided e.g. a text value where number values are expected. Or maybe you used the wrong decimal separator, comma instead of dot or vice versa? 

• 1 month later...