Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset List?

Tim1966

Greetings folk,

is there a list of the factory installed presets that come with the Helix (Rack) that you can point me too please?  I've had a look but can't find anything.  My previous Line6 purchases did.

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

Greetings folk,

is there a list of the factory installed presets that come with the Helix (Rack) that you can point me too please?  I've had a look but can't find anything.  My previous Line6 purchases did.

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I think it would depend on which version of the Firmware you have installed. As I understand the setlist may change on each version.

To quote from another thread, and from a Line 6 Product Manager - "Digital Igloo"

We add/remove/swap/change/tweak presets pretty much every FW release, some more than others. Unfortunately, any list would be out of date quickly.

Hi Tim,

I think it would depend on which version of the Firmware you have installed. As I understand the setlist may change on each version.

Late addition to this info:

As I recall there is a forum user on here (Malhavok aka Ben Vesco) who was keeping track of setlist changes in Firmware revisions.You may want to check this link.

http://benvesco.com/store/line-6-helix/

Hope this helps, although as noted above, all this will change when v2.20 hits the streets.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

shouldn't it say Factory Presets Suck?

There are only 256 factory presets in Helix, but tens of thousands of user presets also exist out there (on CustomTone and elsewhere). If only factory Helix presets sucked, that means a tiny percentage of all presets suck, which is clearly ridiculous. It's more like "All Presets Suck except for a select few that I've made myself that don't completely offend my particular tastes, with the understanding that everyone else likely thinks they suck."

But that doesn't fit on a t-shirt.

• Upvote 3

There are only 256 factory presets in Helix, but tens of thousands of user presets also exist out there (on CustomTone and elsewhere). If only factory Helix presets sucked, that means a tiny percentage of all presets suck, which is clearly ridiculous. It's more like "All Presets Suck except for a select few that I've made myself that don't completely offend my particular tastes, with the understanding that everyone else likely thinks they suck."

But that doesn't fit on a t-shirt.

Lmao 😂

But this says All of them. Like mine, yours, Fremen's, Joe's, the factory ones.

I get it, but... I really hope this isn't a real t shirt idea...

I happen to like quite a few of the factory presets btw

Tis akin to a metaphor methinks

Kind of like One man's piece of junk is another's priceless artifact, and vice versa as the case may be...

Then, when you take into account the fact that everyone's signal chain outside of the Helix and input device is completely different, well, presets are just doomed to failure and they need to accept that fact and still be proud of themselves...

• Upvote 1

Tis akin to a metaphor methinks

Kind of like One man's piece of junk is another's priceless artifact, and vice versa as the case may be...

Then, when you take into account the fact that everyone's signal chain outside of the Helix and input device is completely different, well, presets are just doomed to failure and they need to accept that fact and still be proud of themselves...

Right, I totally get it. I read the posts on TGP back when the phrase was coined and I understand the joke, but without context, everyone else would look at the shirt and scratch their heads. Without presets where would we be?? Lol..

I could just as easily design a shirt that reads Tap Dancing Sucks, but outside these circles a lot of folk might not get it.

I'm just hoping it's just for a laugh

Thanks Guys.  Silly mistake of mine thinking that the factory presets would stay the same.  I was after a written list and realised that change is dynamic pretty.  I actually liked the way it had basic sets ups for all the amps when I turned on for the first time.  They seemed more dynamic and better to tweak and store.  The initial presets were pretty weak to my ears and I understand a later update sorted this.

Overall though what an amazing piece of kit.  I've been a Line 6 user for years and this is up there with the original Pod, original Vetta head and XT Pro.  Shame I can't user my other font controllers... :angry: