Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just about to load some 3 Sigma Audio IR's...

Graemey

Apologies if this has been covered here before:

I have just purchased some 3 Sigma IR's.

The 'manual' that comes with them if brief to say the least so I have a quick query.

I'm assuming that I load the WAV files into my Helix?

The WAV files are numbered and I have four choices: 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96.

What is the difference? Are the smaller numbered ones kind of "lower resolution", ie use less processing power?

Does 96 sound superior to 44.1?

Can't believe this is not explained in the manual. I have Googled this and couldn't find an answer.

post-2303351-0-36581900-1488736258_thumb.png

Whatever format you put in the Helix, this one will be converted to 16Bit Mono 48Khz, so in that Sigma structure you need to pick your samples from the 48 folder.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

Much appreciated.

The Helix Channel guy said he used the 92 hz wave files. I wasn't sure if it was sample rates or ?? So you think it would make a difference in the sound if I used the 48hz or it just doesn't matter becuase they are all converted to 48 hz ? I am confused as well. 

The Helix Channel guy said he used the 92 hz wave files. I wasn't sure if it was sample rates or ?? So you think it would make a difference in the sound if I used the 48hz or it just doesn't matter becuase they are all converted to 48 hz ? I am confused as well. 

They're all converted, so it doesn't really matter.