Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flute sound

ppsarmap

Hi,

Has anobody succeeded in getting anything similar to a flute sound?

I am trying to add one with the 3osc, but I don't manage to get anything ok... :-(

I cannot select the type of wave (ideally a sine wave) for the oscillators, and no idea on how to fully disable the filters...

Thanks in advance for any hints!

I'm actually using helix with an electric violin, and generally it works great, but in this case I would like to add a celtic touch to the sound...

Hi,

Has anobody succeeded in getting anything similar to a flute sound?

I am trying to add one with the 3osc, but I don't manage to get anything ok... :-(

I cannot select the type of wave (ideally a sine wave) for the oscillators, and no idea on how to fully disable the filters...

Thanks in advance for any hints!

I'm actually using helix with an electric violin, and generally it works great, but in this case I would like to add a celtic touch to the sound...

Sorry, don't have any good tips for a flute sound but I hear you, we have a gig coming up for St. Patrick's Day. A tin whistle and bagpipes(yep, the Irish play them as well as the Scottish) patch would be just the ticket. Going to have to settle for playing some somewhat cliché Van Morrison, U2, or Thin Lizzy tunes and the old Grateful Dead covered traditional "Peggy-O".  The song "Peggy-O" is I believe originally a Scottish traditional tune (derived from the original 'Bonnie Lass 'O Fyvie') but has been covered by Irish bands like the Dubliners so it gets a pass for St. Patrick's Day. We could add in "Black Irish" by 'Devil Makes Three' but that only has Celtic street cred by virtue of its title. Perhaps "Stonehenge" by Spinal Tap for a tip 'o the hat to the druids. Still ruminating on the setlist.  :)

Sorry, don't have any good tips for a flute sound but I hear you, we have a gig coming up for St. Patrick's Day. A tin whistle and bagpipes(yep, the Irish play them as well as the Scottish) patch would be just the ticket. Going to have to settle for playing some somewhat cliché Van Morrison, U2, or Thin Lizzy tunes and the old Grateful Dead covered traditional "Peggy-O".  The song "Peggy-O" is I believe originally a Scottish traditional tune but has been covered by Irish bands like the Dubliners so it gets a pass for St. Patrick's Day. We could add in "Black Irish" by 'Devil Makes Three' but that only has Celtic street cred by virtue of its title. Perhaps "Stonehenge" by Spinal Tap for a tip 'o the hat to the druids. Still ruminating on the setlist.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di-_n05tppo

We could add in "Black Irish" by 'Devil Makes Three' but that only has Celtic street cred by virtue of its title. Perhaps "Stonehenge" by Spinal Tap for a tip 'o the hat to the druids. Still ruminating on the setlist.  :)

Stonehenge!!! My band is decidedly not Irish, but we've had a St Patricks Day gig for the last 5 years running.  This year we finally added a U2 song, ("Still Havent Found"), to our setlist.  Prior to that, we just had Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl, haha!  And not once in all these years has it made any difference that we didn't have any other Irish tunes...

My advice is to just wear a green t-shirt, and call it done!

Just got my Helix yesterday, and excited to set up my sounds!  No advice for a flute sound unfortunately

-John 

Stonehenge!!! My band is decidedly not Irish, but we've had a St Patricks Day gig for the last 5 years running.  This year we finally added a U2 song, ("Still Havent Found"), to our setlist.  Prior to that, we just had Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl, haha!  And not once in all these years has it made any difference that we didn't have any other Irish tunes...

My advice is to just wear a green t-shirt, and call it done!

Just got my Helix yesterday, and excited to set up my sounds!  No advice for a flute sound unfortunately

-John 

I hear you, I have never been one to pander with having the band sing "Happy Birthday" and the like but a courteous nod to folks out to celebrate St. Patrick's won't hurt.  :)

I hear you, I have never been one to pander with having the band sing "Happy Birthday" and the like but a courteous nod to folks out to celebrate St. Patrick's won't hurt.  :)

True that! Let us know what you come up with and how it goes.  

As for Happy Birthday, it turns out that the Beatles' Birthday is super-fun to play, and nicely fulfills the 'please sing happy birthday for my friend' requests.