Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Imported Tones - Unable to use STOMP BOX Mode

AVF925

I've had my HELIX Rack and Foot Controller for a couple of weeks now. I have it worked into my pedal board, and it's replaced everything that was once on the floor with the Helix Controller and "2" Morley M2 Expression Pedals.

Today I was trying to finalize my Patch Setups and found a couple that I wanted to Download and Import in the Line6 Tone section. Import went just fone on all 4 of them.

I saved them - and exported a full Bundle before I started to tweak things.

When I step on the MODE button on the Foot Controller to swap it over to the STOMP BOX mode - all of the STOMP BOX's are BLANK. On screen on the HELIX Editor - it shows 7 Stomp Boxes - I moved to a Factory Patch - clicked MODE and all of the Stomp boxes are there, as they appear in the Helix Editor.

Why can't I see them in the ones that I imported??

My HELIX Rack and Foot Controller  are at Firmware 2.12, as is my Helix Editor - I'm on a MAC with macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Any help that you could offer would be much appreciated !!

Most likely the stomp FX were simply not assigned to a footswitch controller by the preset creator. When in STOMP mode, touch (don't press) the footswitch that you want to assign to control the FX on/off state. Confirm the action using the screen display on Helix Rack.

Sorry - that makes no sens to me at all - I apologize for not understanding.

When I switch to STOMP BOX Mode and then touch with my finger one of the buttons on the floor controller - nothing happens - zip ;-)

I'm sure I'm not doing something correctly

I've had my HELIX Rack and Foot Controller for a couple of weeks now. I have it worked into my pedal board, and it's replaced everything that was once on the floor with the Helix Controller and "2" Morley M2 Expression Pedals.

Today I was trying to finalize my Patch Setups and found a couple that I wanted to Download and Import in the Line6 Tone section. Import went just fone on all 4 of them.

I saved them - and exported a full Bundle before I started to tweak things.

When I step on the MODE button on the Foot Controller to swap it over to the STOMP BOX mode - all of the STOMP BOX's are BLANK. On screen on the HELIX Editor - it shows 7 Stomp Boxes - I moved to a Factory Patch - clicked MODE and all of the Stomp boxes are there, as they appear in the Helix Editor.

Why can't I see them in the ones that I imported??

My HELIX Rack and Foot Controller  are at Firmware 2.12, as is my Helix Editor - I'm on a MAC with macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Any help that you could offer would be much appreciated !!

You need to restart the Helix if you loaded a preset made with a previous version of the Editor/firmware. You will see a "rebuilding." message on the Helix screen for the loaded preset during startup.

Most likely the stomp FX were simply not assigned to a footswitch controller by the preset creator. When in STOMP mode, touch (don't press) the footswitch that you want to assign to control the FX on/off state. Confirm the action using the screen display on Helix Rack.

What Silverhead said is the most likely scenario. There is no "default" assignment of blocks/stomps to switches in the Helix. The L6 creators of the Factory presets assigned blocks to those footswitches, it does not occur automatically. If the preset's original creator or you, as Silverhead mentions, do not explicitly assign them, there will be none available.  For presets you download you often have to assign the blocks yourself or change which FS they correspond to if it is assigned but not to the FS you prefer. Many people create some presets that they use as templates with all of their favorite footswitch/snapshot assignments as well as other settings and use those templates as a starting point for designing their presets.