Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Favorite Amp Models w/ HD500 + DT ?

calischoolofrock

Those of you who use an HD500 + DT 25/50, I'm wondering which amp models you've found to be the best for your purposes? For example, I love the JTM-45 and SLO Crunch.

HOWEVER, when I use the SLO Crunch, I use it on Top IV. So that now turns this into a 2-part question: Are there any amp models that you like, but use with Topologies that are different than the default?

This morning in church, the 2204 model through TOP IV, Class A, and Triode mode sounded great....that's all 3 defaults changed!

Well that's the beauty of the hd500x-dt amp combo. The endless possibilities. My understanding however is that if you change the topology you have created a new pre-amp. The topologies are physical configurations of tube relays designed to emulate 4 different but well known tube amos. But dialing in what you want is what itbis all about.

But for example, a JTM-45 preamp with the topology changed to iv is no longer emulating the tube configuration of a JTM-45..

It is now a custum designed preamp made by you!

Well that's the beauty of the hd500x-dt amp combo. The endless possibilities. My understanding however is that if you change the topology you have created a new pre-amp. The topologies are physical configurations of tube relays designed to emulate 4 different but well known tube amos. But dialing in what you want is what itbis all about.

But for example, a JTM-45 preamp with the topology changed to iv is no longer emulating the tube configuration of a JTM-45..

It is now a custum designed preamp made by you!

Yes, pretty darn cool indeed!

Easily my favorite, quite good to me on HD500 without DT amp as well using full amp model.

Overdrive(output almost maxed, drive to taste)>Plexi Normal Pre(Treble and presence are almost dimed)>T75 4x12.

I also really like the "Dividied" for Blues type of tones across the DT.

Easily my favorite, quite good to me on HD500 without DT amp as well using full amp model.

Overdrive(output almost maxed, drive to taste)>Plexi Normal Pre(Treble and presence are almost dimed)>T75 4x12.

I also really like the "Dividied" for Blues type of tones across the DT.

You reminded me of something else...I almost ALWAYS set the cab to "no cab." This might be because I run to an external 2x12 with mixed speakers, so I want MY speaker doing the coloration, not the modeling. Do you use the combo/Line6 cab?

You reminded me of something else...I almost ALWAYS set the cab to "no cab." This might be because I run to an external 2x12 with mixed speakers, so I want MY speaker doing the coloration, not the modeling. Do you use the combo/Line6 cab?

Yea DT25. So one 12 speaker. It doesn't sound exactly like 4x12 of course but I like the fatter type of tone with the T75 model.

Yea DT25. So one 12 speaker. It doesn't sound exactly like 4x12 of course but I like the fatter type of tone with the T75 model.

I just tried your signal chain...I can see why you like it! Very spongy, thick, saturated sound. In fact, I switched to my SLO recommendation above and it's not too different in character, just a little clearer on low palm mutes. I also discovered that I run it with the Greenback cab....who knew.