Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dampening the Footswitch sound

bjnette

On the 500 the click of the foot switches is prohibitive for recording I find and wondered if anyone knows of a quieter better switch or a trick to be able to use during a take apart from overdubbing.

I recall the reports in on the 500X were the footswitches were quieter.

It appears all the noise comes from the metal switch housing but the actual soldered switch sounds loud too.

Any ideas or better, a proven fix?

Cheers 

No I use the s/pdif out and thru my Motu 2408mkIII go in.

I use a 1073 preamp with a condenser and when I record  the two signals the footswitches 

gets picked up by the mic. The only work around to date is to overdub a different patch but more often then not it is only a few FX choices I want to change and the toe press to control the pedal.

Live it isnt a problem of course.

This is just a novelty idea. You could add a midi sequence track and record your footswitch changes. Then play those back so your POD will track changes during the take. The cool thing about putting the PC commands into a sequence is that you can adjust them to get exactly right and you don't even need to use your feet. Anyway, that is something I have done for reamped tracks where I have mics all over the place. just a thought.

I recall others mentioning this and I appreciate the reminder but I am a lazy guy or more accurate short on time.

But like anything enough practice with it and it is easy.

Cheers

I will give it a try.

I thought that s'one might of found a replacement switch mechanism or something. The clicks are very loud for Studio use.

Pgm changes will loose that on the fly live feel approach but could be the thing to recreate in a reamp situation.

You can use any other MIDI device (capable to send CCs 51-59, and PCs) connected to the HD500 if needed.

I have a Korg padKontrol. Very easy to use device. Never tried to place it in the floor but it should be usable with your big toe.

• Upvote 1