Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Case For Jtv 69?

3rd post in the thread from phil:

You can buy the Strat/Tele G&G case (which is what the case the JTV69 comes with is) here: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fender-strat-tele-hardshell-case

I don't know about the 59, though. I'm not sure what style case the Us version of the 59 comes with.

I did not see any 69 options there.  That's why I started a new thread.

What Strat case do you have? The old molded cases that Fender used to use for the American Standards and Deluxes won't fit the 69, but the newer ones will fit the 69: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fender-abs-strat-tele-electric-guitar-case

The G&G case will fit, too, of course. But I have tried my 69 in the newer ATA case Fender uses and it fits. It's a little snug around the body, but I'm sure after a while, the foam would loosen up.

looks like a nice case, but the latches aren't TSA latches... might be important if you needed to put your instrument on a plane...

i actually like the TSA latches although they do seem larger than they need to be.

I ordered this SKB case from Sweetwater.    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SKB6/  They say it will fit and the latches look much better than the ones on the cheaper Fender cases.

• 6 years later...

Line 6 seems to be so together on everything but this. It's inexcusable to sell nice guitars that are supposed to be "the guitar of the future" and have no custom case options. It's not like they have to do it themselves. All they have to do is contact a good case maker and set up a deal and put a link on their site. I bought a DBZ which is a relatively low end guitar and they had quality cases that are gorgeous. Everyone who sees it wants one. I guarantee they outsource them. I'm really frustrated about this. Why should it be my problem to take a chance and spend hundreds not knowing if the case will really fit. It's stupid and I was shocked it wasn't available. This is the basics folks. So Line 6, not users but the company. What is your deal? Get it together folks. I've spent a lot on your equipment and I just want to protect my investment. Why frustrate your users when you have an easy place to impress them with a great case?