Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression pedal rubbing

kramer_nut

I did a search but didn't find any definite solutions so I started a new post.   Anyone have a issue with their expression pedal rubbing the case?   It has steadily gotten worse over the last few weeks.   The metal side of the pedal rubs on the right side of the opening when pushed forward.  Of course I don't hear it during a gig but it doesn't feel good and sounds horrible when practicing at lower volumes at home.   I have not taken it apart and don't plan to even though I think I'm out of warranty, I have heard bad things about how it is assembled.   Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks,

Todd

I had this a few months ago and cured it this way:

Open up the underneath and you'll be able to see the pivot point of the pedal.  Undo the tensioning screw a little bit and apply some lubricant to it.  Rescrew it back in and it should be solved!

I used WD40.  I've had no problems, but it's not to be recommended unless you're happy putting corrosive fluid near electronics...

Thanks for the suggestions guys, however, I'm not sure this is the same issue, mine is quiet from the gear assembly.  It is physically rubbing, metal on metal on the right side of the slot where the expression pedal slides thru, like the alignment is off.  I'll send a picture when I get home from work. 

I thought the same thing, mine also squeaked (posted a video on it) I took the bottom off and backed out the tension Bolt and used some of the lube from the other parts of it and spread it around and it never made any noise again.

Realy if you took the spout of a wd40 can and put the peddle in the toe down position insert it in the case opening underneath the foot part and shoot the pivot piont there you would not have to take off the bottom...

I was convinced it was rubbing the case, I could see it... but the noise is from the pivot point.

I think it is an assembly error on the part of the young oriental children at the factory. LoL just kidding about the children.

I've found that if it wasn't set up correctly, or if the tension bolt has been backed off enough, the alignment can get tweaked.  Have you tried loosening the bolt and adjusting the position, then tightening it to the desired tension again?  If it still squeaks then, it probably just needs some lube. 

I had a bottle of this stuff left over from my home's previous owner:  https://www.3inone.com/products/silicone/ I put a drop of this stuff in a bottle cap, dipped the end of a paperclip in it, then loosened the bolt and barely touched the washers on the pivot bolt with it.  Worked it in some and my pedal hasn't made a noise since.  I refuse to spray anything in there other than canned duster air. 

OK finally got around to taking some pictures.  In the side view you can clearly see it's rubbing.   Any suggestions???   It's not a lubrication issue..   The pedal operation is quiet, but when weight is put on the pedal with your foot it rubs.  See pictures.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,  Todd

post-792289-0-86977800-1489096860_thumb.jpg

post-792289-0-19066900-1489096870_thumb.jpg

that is definitely metal to metal. I have not had my unit apart, but I imagine the pedal pivots on a shaft, and the pedal is held in position with a locking collar or two. 

I am sure someone here has had theirs apart and can tell you for sure. I imagine it would be a pretty easy adjustment, but you would have to remove the back panel.