Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rubber feet

jaminjimlp

They're a no brainer to replace!

There are all sorts of rubber bumper feet available at just about any hardware or home improvement store! Many are peel and stick adhesive backed. There are also plenty that are pre-drilled and designed to be secured with a retaining screw (as the original ones on the bottom of the Helix).

If you have not worn the heads off of the 6 retaining screws that held the rubber feet to the bottom of the Helix, simply unscrew and replace them and the rubber feet. If the screw heads are trashed, simply clean surrounding area with a damp rubbing alcohol swab and glue a few of the adhesive feet to surround the original location. Make sure you position these at each of the 6 original positions so that the base will sit level on a hard surface.

You could also contact Line 6 directly to see if they'd send you six sets in an envelope. All it takes is a screwdriver to replace them.

Reading about the fragile rubber feet on the Helix, I'm thinking about replacing the feet with good quality, larger, taller feet to also bring the unit a bit higher off the ground, just in case some unfortunate liquids somehow flow under the board at club gigs. Since the bottom edges are beveled on the Helix and the feet are positioned so close to the edges of the board, the feet can't be too wide in diameter however. If I find a good solution, I will post.

And make it needlessly heavier than it already is? No thanks. I have enough gear to pack around.

The pedal train weighs like 2lbs. I find the extra weight to be negligible and well worth the benefits of having it on a board. I like the height and angle it puts the Helix at. It also allows for neater cabling and is more stable on most stages.

The pedal train weighs like 2lbs. I find the extra weight to be negligible and well worth the benefits of having it on a board. I like the height and angle it puts the Helix at. It also allows for neater cabling and is more stable on most stages.

Which model of the Pedaltrain would that be?  I looked at their specs and while some are spec'd out to between 3 to 3.4 lbs., I don't think they're taking into account the hardcase. The one with a softcase comes in at 6 lbs. so I seriously doubt that the ones with the hardcase would be lighter.  I believe they'd be heavier.  Sorry, but for me, every little lb. or two adds up.  I do agree that a better angle on stage would help a lot but the way it is now, I can make do for the sake of lighter weight.

Which model of the Pedaltrain would that be?  I looked at their specs and while some are spec'd out to between 3 to 3.4 lbs., I don't think they're taking into account the hardcase. The one with a softcase comes in at 6 lbs. so I seriously doubt that the ones with the hardcase would be lighter.  I believe they'd be heavier.  Sorry, but for me, every little lb. or two adds up.  I do agree that a better angle on stage would help a lot but the way it is now, I can make do for the sake of lighter weight.

I bought a used pedaltrain GC 1 with it's soft case. It's discontinued, but it's listed at 1lb. It also fits the Helix perfectly.

I wouldn't mind placing my Helix on a light pedalboard, but the Pedal Train does not work for me. I have an old PT-2 lying round, so I tried to use it with the Helix, but the angle of the PT-2 made the expression pedal on the Helix cumbersome to use. The super light Free The Tone pedalboards are great, but expensive and difficult to find - I don't think they make a size that would work perfectly with the Helix anyway.

I wouldn't mind placing my Helix on a light pedalboard, but the Pedal Train does not work for me. I have an old PT-2 lying round, so I tried to use it with the Helix, but the angle of the PT-2 made the expression pedal on the Helix cumbersome to use. The super light Free The Tone pedalboards are great, but expensive and difficult to find - I don't think they make a size that would work perfectly with the Helix anyway.

Have one of the big Temple boards....holds my Helix and a half dozen of my "never getting rid of" pedals that run into the Helix loops....run path A into a FRFR powered cab and path B into a tube amp/2x12 cab.....wall of sound and the board controlling everything is nice and neat....

https://templeboards.com/collections/trio