Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All audio except POD Farm drops out - Windows 10

Hey Everyone,

I've been trying to get assistance out of Line 6 but it has been about as productive as asking a brick wall to sort out my drama's so I thought I'd give this a shot.

Recently bought a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7000) and for some reason whenever I open POD Farm all other audio is muted. I have the UX2 selected as the playback device and all audio plays through the device until I open POD Farm. As soon as I open the app all external audio stops and even if I hit play in iTunes or Guitar Pro there is silence. If I close POD Farm the audio cuts back in. 

I have looked through settings in POD Farm and can't seem to find anything. Never had this drama previously with an old crappy HP laptop. Basically just want to be able to jam to some songs whilst playing but it seems I can only have one audio source playing.

I am using the Tone direct drivers and not ASIO4ALL. Have tried using ASIO4ALL but the audio doesn't come through as clear and seems like there is a higher latency. 

Anyone ever had this drama?

Since yesterday i've been getting issues with my UX1... again. I've already tried the fixes in the other threads but I was wondering if anyone else's UX1/UX2/any other product was having these issues.

Basically it will randomly cut off and all of my audio will be broken to the point where I have to restart my PC to fix it. I stream so it crashes my OBS which is extremely infuriating. Help please!

I am not on Win10 but...

Have you tried explicitly setting the UX2 as your default device?

Also try digging into Windows power management. especially concerning USB.

I'm guessing you already opened a ticket with Line6?

I have set the playback device as the UX2. Which seems to be fine until I open POD Farm.

I've turned the "USB Selective Suspend" feature off as it was turned on but the outcome was the same.

I gave up on speaking with Line 6 haha. The emails just were going around in circles with no answers.

My apologies, my trouble shooting reverted to a "random audio drop outs" thought process.

Does POD Farm function as expected (other than silencing all other audio?)?

When you open POD Farm are you referring to the standalone or plug-in?

When yo click play on iTunes or GP does it look likes it is playing or does the timeline not move? 

PF seems to work perfectly, although all ive used it for is live jamming. No recording or reamping.

I've only tried it as the standalone, would running it as a plugin make a difference? I've only ever used POD farm like this.

Actually, the iTunes bar just stops. If i try and play a song it stays at zero, but the play button changes to pause.

Guitar pro plays through the tab but just makes no sound.

Just for clarification, you monitoring solution is connected directly to the UX?

Standalone vs plug-in should not make a difference, with the exception of how your DAW might change the behavior. 

I have seen the iTunes stop issue on a Dell laptop with no Line6 software/hardware.

See if there is a separate Dell sound control panel, maybe there's a setting in there tricking things up.

Yup, guitar into UX, UX to laptop via USB and speakers hooked up to UX output. 

Oh really? Damn, that makes things harder. I have found an EQ type application, I was going to try and uninstall the Dell software but it doesn't even appear possible to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Since yesterday i've been getting issues with my UX1... again. I've already tried the fixes in the other threads but I was wondering if anyone else's UX1/UX2/any other product was having these issues.

Basically it will randomly cut off and all of my audio will be broken to the point where I have to restart my PC to fix it. I stream so it crashes my OBS which is extremely infuriating. Help please!

I had similar problems with my ux2. Sound cut off in every application, except asio applications and pod farm. But I managed to fix it. I simly connected onboard(or pci-e discrete) soundcard headphones output (in my case it can work as line output) to "monitor in" input and selected this soundcard as playback device. I still use ux2 as default recording device. And I still can select what device to use in audio/video players or DAW. So basically OS and soundcard with STABLE drivers convert all audio (games, skype, discord, etc) to "prepared" analog signal and send it to "monitor in" input. It works perfectly, or almost perfectly :).

• 2 months later...

If anyone else comes across this same error, it seems to work perfectly fine when running POD Farm as a plugin. Only when running as a standalone do I get this error. No idea why, but will use it like this to avoid any dramas!