Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vintage 30 Question

Melissiah

I have a dream rig including a dt25 combo.

I also have a spare new vintage 30 8ohms.

I play every style of music including metal, blues prog...

I can't find spec of G12H-90

Since it's not a quick task to switch the speakers to compare should I make the move? Does line 6 puts that custom speaker inside cause it's cheaper than a V30 or because they judge it's more polyvalent? (cause I know they use both in 2x12 andf 4x12)

thanks

In terms of "Rock History", The current V30 is a very poor attempt at harnessing attributes of a Greenback (Greenback wrote Rock history, not the v30)...I like how an original greenback sounds quite a lot even though I am more of an EV12L vibe personally...These current v30s are just regurgitated Chinese garbage IMHO...They are tonally very inconsistent compared to the brit versions...

In terms of "Rock History", The current V30 is a very poor attempt at harnessing attributes of a Greenback (Greenback wrote Rock history, not the v30)...I like how an original greenback sounds quite a lot even though I am more of an EV12L vibe personally...These current v30s are just regurgitated Chinese garbage IMHO...They are tonally very inconsistent compared to the brit versions...

Well I'll have to trust you on this cause the only v30 I heard was in mesa recto cabs

Rectos aren't real Mesas IMHO :blink: ....Marks are the original Mesas and originally they were loaded with EV12Ls....The V30 thing is nothing more than marketing...brilliant marketing on the part of Celestion and Mesa...Selling a cabinet for $1000 loaded with $5 speakers is a great profit margin... B)