Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-59 measurements

Due to some intonation problems a friend and me do have, I like to verify some values of the JTV59, so please let us start with scale and fret-width in mm, okay?

My JTV (W1405…) has a scale of 624 mm and a fret-with of 2,6 mm.
Do you agree at this point!

… and when did Line6 stop to produce JTV59 using the "Jescar 57110" jumbo-frets with 2,79 / 1,45 mm?

July 3rd, 2012 at 4:47 pm GMT. ;)

Short, wide frets suck. As they wear, you will tend to have more intonation problems as compared to taller and narrower frets. With more "meat" for the strings to rub on, some frets will wear more to one side or the other, as opposed to wearing closer to the center of the fret. This will get worse if you've already done a grind and polish, as more material is removed from the center of the frets.

Go stainless, and choose a fretwire that's just a smidge taller and narrower, and you'll never think about it again. Doesn't take long to adjust to a different size, and you might not even notice a significant difference anyway. And unless you keep a death-grip on the strings, you'll wear out before stainless frets will.

July 3rd, 2012 at 4:47 pm GMT. ;)

Short, wide frets suck. As they wear, you will tend to have more intonation problems as compared to taller and narrower frets. With more "meat" for the strings to rub on, some frets will wear more to one side or the other, as opposed to wearing closer to the center of the fret. This will get worse if you've already done a grind and polish, as more material is removed from the center of the frets.

Go stainless, and choose a fretwire that's just a smidge taller and narrower, and you'll never think about it again. Doesn't take long to adjust to a different size, and you might not even notice a significant difference anyway. And unless you keep a death-grip on the strings, you'll wear out before stainless frets will.

I agree with the stainless! For whom it may concern…
the values I posted in my first post are not correct. I leaned on the scale-lenght my friend provided but mine has a lenght of 623 mm.

Calculation of correct fret placement

post-2321913-0-86985600-1489155479_thumb.png

12. fret measurement

post-2321913-0-51008900-1489155505_thumb.jpg