Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Basic tutorial for Spider Remote app

Guest Markmyers

Guest Markmyers

Title says it all. Trying to use app and not making progress. Tried searching and I'm coming up empty-handed. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Anything specific you need help with? Clicking on your amp or an effect will bring up the parameters, clicking on the icon again will let you change out the effect or amp. From the tones window you can search and call up previous saved tones. These are just a few basic pointers that should get you started, let me know if you need more specifics.

• 3 weeks later...

The tones from customtone.com are not compatible with Spider V.  

Any tones for the AMPLIFi products will work with Spider V.  Simply tap the "Cloud" option.  The results field will be blank until you type something in the field and then tap search. Check the attached photo for guidance.  

post-982518-0-25439600-1490566347_thumb.png

Guest joe orlando

Can anyone point to a tutorial or user manual for Spider Remote? I just bought the V 60,  downloaded the app to my ipad and can't find any details at all on operation. e.g., what is the difference between the app and the edit function on the amp?

Can anyone point to a tutorial or user manual for Spider Remote? I just bought the V 60,  downloaded the app to my ipad and can't find any details at all on operation. e.g., what is the difference between the app and the edit function on the amp?

Any effect/amp parameter you can adjust on the app can also be adjusted on the front of the amp. On the amp when you are on the amp or effects mode screen hitting the edit button will bring up a menu with editable parameters, just as in the app. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Man, somebody needs to write a manual for this thing! Am I right in what I just read a  few post up? I can search the cloud, but I have to know what I'm searching for? No drop down or listing of available patches on the cloud? And I drop a grand on this gear and I have to watch amplifi videos?

Also, how do I view/change the order of the effects/amps etc. in the chain, and how do i see the chain? I don't see a chain like there is at he top of the amplifi app.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Loving this thread, I too just got a Spider V 240 HC and although I get most of it, there are a few things that I am missing.

Cant find for example anywhere to add a vol boost to the function 1 switch on the FBV MKII shortboard,  it shows it in the manual and pre set manual, in the description for some of the pre sets but I cant find it anywhere.

my function 1 turns on comp.
I downloaded sand tried control or remote for the pedal, but I dont see how I Can reassign it to boost anywhere,

Also, you mentioned the cloud for custom tones that will work, where do you search that from? I dont see anything like that in the program on Win 10.

Also, trying to figure out how to assign a switch to turn on or off the wah so I can punch it on and off  as I need it while staying in the patch I am using, I think I can just use it on the comp or dist switch, but I wondered what if any was a better way to do it.

Ideally I would like to boost for solo, hit a delay and wah.

Im trying to set up for live shows, I had my spider IV set up for years and forgot how tough it can be at first when you are out of the loop for a while.

All I need is a solo vol boost, a wah switch and then a delay with a little chorus for a solo sound while in a patch, just to enhance the existing tone and thicken it a bit for a solo, it would be nice to do that in 1 switch but I think as it is I Can do it in 2, use Function 1 for boost, then use one of the programmable switched for the wah?

Any tips or advice would be great, I def can use all the help I Can get.

Somene said.

"The tones from customtone.com are not compatible with Spider V.  

Any tones for the AMPLIFi products will work with Spider V.  Simply tap the "Cloud" option.  The results field will be blank until you type something in the field and then tap search. Check the attached photo for guidance. "

Where is the Cloud option? I dont see that anywhere.

UPDATE:

I downloaded the android app for line 6 remote and it has a cloud search function, I used it and it worked, but when I click on a fil to download it doesnt seem to do anything, I am going to search the phone to see if maybe it created a folder and put them in there.

It doesnt seem to have downloaded anything, it seems like if I search the cloud, I get results I click on them then hit edit I can see the patch and what settings were used, but no download, what am I missing?

I dont have the otg thing to connect my micro usb phone cable to the amp yet.

Will that make a difference?

When I go to custom tones on line 6 page it shows several amps to select, Amplifi is not one of them, so if I just search for say "Godsmack" I see a list, but if I download one and save it, then try to open it with the remote editor, it doesnt see the file type, how do I know what are amplifi patches?

Sorry, Im slow at first I get overwhelmed and it takes me a minute, I would really appreciate your patience and assistance.,

Thanks

Matt

• Like 1

Hi I have just bought spider v 240 tried the spider remote app on my Samsung s6 tablet it says device incompatible, so tried my Sony Xperia m5 same message, installed Samsung smart transfer still my any ideas????

• 4 weeks later...

Hola a todos recientemente descargue el app spider remote, resulta que lo reconoce  pero cuando intento subirle el volumen al amplificador no funciona, igual cuando desconecto el teléfono los efectos ya no suenan como antes... como puedo solucionar el tema del volumen general gracias amigos.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Why not just produce a manual or tutorial for the app explaining its functionality, features and the parameters?

I just got a Spider V 20 and the Spider Remote app and I'm spending more time trying to figure out its features than I am playing.

• Like 14

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 6:08 PM, guitardad123 said:

You need your phone cable. The charger cable on my phone works fine. Some phones require an OTG (on the go) connector. None are bluetooth.
There are PC/Mac editors now was well.

Hello mate ! I tried to connect my phone with the app, but the amp says unsupported device! Can u help me out ?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 1:11 PM, flux1968 said:

Why not just produce a manual or tutorial for the app explaining its functionality, features and the parameters?

This. You nailed it flux1968.

And get beyond the What to the How. What are the specific steps, the instructions that I as a Spider V Remote App User need to take to get basic sh*t done, like in my case create, save and backup unique amp/mic/cab/effect profiles (batches of settings) for each instrument I play at gigs. My geek kid eventually took a look at the software and showed me how to do this, but that was after weeks of finding nothing in the Knowledge & FAQs section - there is exactly 1 video on the Videos page that pertains to the Spider V amps but has nothing to with my questions, in the Spider V Forum days after I posted the same set of questions one kind respondent offered some interesting stuff but not what I'm asking about, and Customer Service was a couple of weeks of wasted time before I gave up - lots of What and zero How. Line 6 is just a puzzle to me. Love the product but after that it feels like we're kinda out here on our own. The steps BTW to creating "profiles" are very easy but not if you don't know how.

I recently received an email from Line 6 inviting me, as a Spider V 120W amp owner, to download a "Major Spider V Firmware Update," Firmware 2.0. Sounds wonderful but given the last coupla months is it a threat or an opportunity?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I submitted a trouble ticket in order to find this hidden "Spider Remote Pilot's Guide." In the Overview section of the Spider V Family Pilot's Guide it states one is "available for download at https://line6.com/manuals. Well, there are only manuals for hardware, not apps. I am figuring it out as I use the app, trial and error, but I'm wasting a lot of time and still have many questions. By reading all the posts it appears I am not alone. I don't think this manual exists.  Creating user manuals isn't that difficult. I've done many. it's a matter of making outline of the various functions, describing what you want the reader to understand for each function, capturing screen shots/snippets from various devices, pasting them into the document, drawing arrows, circles or boxes to call attention to a specific information, and then writing the procedures to follow for each function. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. But not any help. Jason, Line 6, said there is no Pilot’s guide to the ‘remote app’ as of yet. Then he referred me to the video on YouTube, “Interacting with Spider V | Line 6,” which is more of a amp marketing video. The video is 6:42 min long and the remote amp isn’t discussed until 4:50 min. And ends at 5:12 min. The demo person says, “If you are happy with a sound you can save it.” But he doesn’t show you how to do it. Really? When I bought my first car, computer, wife and English setter I got user manuals. I threw the ones out for my wife and dog as they quickly got outdated.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 9/27/2019 at 2:31 AM, uhartm said:

I

On 10/21/2019 at 6:03 PM, uhartm said:

Yes. But not any help. Jason, Line 6, said there is no Pilot’s guide to the ‘remote app’ as of yet. Then he referred me to the video on YouTube, “Interacting with Spider V | Line 6,” which is more of a amp marketing video. The video is 6:42 min long and the remote amp isn’t discussed until 4:50 min. And ends at 5:12 min. The demo person says, “If you are happy with a sound you can save it.” But he doesn’t show you how to do it. Really? When I bought my first car, computer, wife and English setter I got user manuals. I threw the ones out for my wife and dog as they quickly got outdated.

Ok, to bad..

I enterred an idea in the idea's form to create sucha manual..

BTW, ar you saying that you bought  your wife and taht she came with a manual ?  :-)

• 2 months later...

So if I got this right no manual exists for the spider remote app and the instructions for my V20 MKII are only marginal.  I'm 72 yrs and I don't have another lifetime to learn all the features and would appreciate a help screen on the web site that is product and app specific. It appears to be a great product, but unless you are a professional or a bloody genius it becomes mind numbing! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 2:01 AM, ABRANSHBALIYAN said:

I CONNECTED IT WITH A USB AND DOWNLOADED SPIDER REMOTE APP ON PC . PLZ HELP ME HOW TO PAIR IT WITH MY AMP

Connect USB to back of amp then go to presets on application and your done you can also download to your app from the cloud

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Like the majority that posted in this thread, I have real difficulty in using the Spider App on my Android. I have purchased an adaptor for USB to USB 3 (quite cheap on Ebay) so I can connect my phone directly into the Amp with the dedicated cable . Mind you, there is a switch with two positions at the back of the amp. One needs to choose the correspondent one, either Android or IOS. However, only after I have found this forum I discovered there is an app for my laptop as well. That makes your life much easier. You can find loads of tones, modify them to your liking, rename them, replace the pre-loaded tones from your amp with the ones you found and saved on your laptop or in "My Tones" folder online. I agree with everyone that Line 6 should come up with a tutorial or user guide for using the app.

• Upvote 1

buenos días yo tengo un v20 intente conectarlo con mi sansun a50 con sus cables correspondientes y no hay manera de conectarlo o yo no se .sin embargo con el portátil no hay problemas conecta a la primera. si alguien tiene alguna solucion para lo del movil se ria la caña. gracias

• 4 weeks later...

-This Spider Remote app doesn't work well with Samsung Note 9 phones...freezes all the time and I had to reboot it because it turned off and wouldn't open back...
-I've created a sample and when I hit the "Save To SpiderV 240" option, my phone started downloading all the original banks... Took 40 minutes until I could finally save my sh*t in the hardware.

-Often there are connection lost between the app and the amp.

-All the samples I find on the Cloud doesn't work at all...

This is very sad since I own one of the latest and best phone out there and I bought a brand new cable so I could use the app...

But now I have no choice but buy another phone/tablet for this.

20 hours ago, Alfred8805 said:

I just purchased the V 20 mkII and i can't find the pc remote app

https://line6.com/software/index.html

Spider V Remote Mac/Win 2.00 Download

Just go to Line6 Official site, hit the DOWNLOAD menu, choose the "Spider V Remote" in ALL SOFTWARE menu. There you GO !

I have Windows 10 and it works perfectly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...