Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markmyers

Basic tutorial for Spider Remote app

Guest Markmyers

Title says it all. Trying to use app and not making progress. Tried searching and I'm coming up empty-handed. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Can you be more specific? I assume the app runs, you just want some usage instruction

This link is for Amplifi, minus the Bluetooth stuff and some appearance, the Spider Remote App is basically the same thing functionally

Anything specific you need help with? Clicking on your amp or an effect will bring up the parameters, clicking on the icon again will let you change out the effect or amp. From the tones window you can search and call up previous saved tones. These are just a few basic pointers that should get you started, let me know if you need more specifics.

Is there a way that I can search for a tone that someone else may have created and save that? If so, please advise.

The tones from customtone.com are not compatible with Spider V.  

Any tones for the AMPLIFi products will work with Spider V.  Simply tap the "Cloud" option.  The results field will be blank until you type something in the field and then tap search. Check the attached photo for guidance.  

post-982518-0-25439600-1490566347_thumb.png

Guest joe orlando

Can anyone point to a tutorial or user manual for Spider Remote? I just bought the V 60,  downloaded the app to my ipad and can't find any details at all on operation. e.g., what is the difference between the app and the edit function on the amp?

Can anyone point to a tutorial or user manual for Spider Remote? I just bought the V 60,  downloaded the app to my ipad and can't find any details at all on operation. e.g., what is the difference between the app and the edit function on the amp?

Any effect/amp parameter you can adjust on the app can also be adjusted on the front of the amp. On the amp when you are on the amp or effects mode screen hitting the edit button will bring up a menu with editable parameters, just as in the app. 

On Android, select Details at the top. A flashing floopy disk icon will flash at the top. Select the floppy disk icon and you will have options to save.

Man, somebody needs to write a manual for this thing! Am I right in what I just read a  few post up? I can search the cloud, but I have to know what I'm searching for? No drop down or listing of available patches on the cloud? And I drop a grand on this gear and I have to watch amplifi videos?

Also, how do I view/change the order of the effects/amps etc. in the chain, and how do i see the chain? I don't see a chain like there is at he top of the amplifi app.

Thanks

Andy

Hi,

I have the Line 6 Spider V 60 Amp. I downloaded the Spider V remote app but I cannot connect the 2 together.

Is there a blue tooth accessory I need?

Thanks in advance

You need your phone cable. The charger cable on my phone works fine. Some phones require an OTG (on the go) connector. None are bluetooth.
There are PC/Mac editors now was well.

Loving this thread, I too just got a Spider V 240 HC and although I get most of it, there are a few things that I am missing.

Cant find for example anywhere to add a vol boost to the function 1 switch on the FBV MKII shortboard,  it shows it in the manual and pre set manual, in the description for some of the pre sets but I cant find it anywhere.

my function 1 turns on comp.
I downloaded sand tried control or remote for the pedal, but I dont see how I Can reassign it to boost anywhere,

Also, you mentioned the cloud for custom tones that will work, where do you search that from? I dont see anything like that in the program on Win 10.

Also, trying to figure out how to assign a switch to turn on or off the wah so I can punch it on and off  as I need it while staying in the patch I am using, I think I can just use it on the comp or dist switch, but I wondered what if any was a better way to do it.

Ideally I would like to boost for solo, hit a delay and wah.

Im trying to set up for live shows, I had my spider IV set up for years and forgot how tough it can be at first when you are out of the loop for a while.

All I need is a solo vol boost, a wah switch and then a delay with a little chorus for a solo sound while in a patch, just to enhance the existing tone and thicken it a bit for a solo, it would be nice to do that in 1 switch but I think as it is I Can do it in 2, use Function 1 for boost, then use one of the programmable switched for the wah?

Any tips or advice would be great, I def can use all the help I Can get.

Somene said.

"The tones from customtone.com are not compatible with Spider V.  

Any tones for the AMPLIFi products will work with Spider V.  Simply tap the "Cloud" option.  The results field will be blank until you type something in the field and then tap search. Check the attached photo for guidance. "

Where is the Cloud option? I dont see that anywhere.

UPDATE:

I downloaded the android app for line 6 remote and it has a cloud search function, I used it and it worked, but when I click on a fil to download it doesnt seem to do anything, I am going to search the phone to see if maybe it created a folder and put them in there.

It doesnt seem to have downloaded anything, it seems like if I search the cloud, I get results I click on them then hit edit I can see the patch and what settings were used, but no download, what am I missing?

I dont have the otg thing to connect my micro usb phone cable to the amp yet.

Will that make a difference?

When I go to custom tones on line 6 page it shows several amps to select, Amplifi is not one of them, so if I just search for say "Godsmack" I see a list, but if I download one and save it, then try to open it with the remote editor, it doesnt see the file type, how do I know what are amplifi patches?

Sorry, Im slow at first I get overwhelmed and it takes me a minute, I would really appreciate your patience and assistance.,

Thanks

Matt

• Like 1

Hi I have just bought spider v 240 tried the spider remote app on my Samsung s6 tablet it says device incompatible, so tried my Sony Xperia m5 same message, installed Samsung smart transfer still my any ideas????

Some tablets require an OTG connector for USB function needed with other devices. Samsung is one of them. Works on my new Note with the OTG adapter.

Hola a todos recientemente descargue el app spider remote, resulta que lo reconoce  pero cuando intento subirle el volumen al amplificador no funciona, igual cuando desconecto el teléfono los efectos ya no suenan como antes... como puedo solucionar el tema del volumen general gracias amigos.

Please, How can I Organize My tones or Linguee ........It is impossible Access.
Thanks you

organize.png