Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Update 1.12 issues

serpoid138

Hi

I have expereienced this problem whilst importing set lists back into Helix after the update to 1.12, I rolled back to 1.11 and the problem still occurs, anyone else seen this or know what causes it......every update throws up another issue :angry: :angry: :angry:

post-1071923-0-50722000-1489151076_thumb.png

Hi

I have expereienced this problem whilst importing set lists back into Helix after the update to 1.12, I rolled back to 1.11 and the problem still occurs, anyone else seen this or know what causes it......every update throws up another issue :angry: :angry: :angry:

From that screenshot it looks like your Helix has Firmware version 2.11 installed? That cannot be correct. You also need to make sure that you are using the correct editor software for the corresponding firmware, if not you will have major problems. It really matters.

Maybe try a factory reset by holding down footswitches 7 & 8 while rebooting the Helix.

Find some other reset options here.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/helix-reset-procedures-and-troubleshooting-tricks-r768

Hi

Do you mean 2.12 and 2.11?

Sorry to hear the problems you have encountered. Probably best to reinstall the current firmware 2.12 using the current Editor 2.11 (and whatever the current Updater version is).

For some, Line 6's confusing and occassionaly infuriating system (often with different specifially numbered versions) of the Helix Editor, Updater, and Firmware, has lead to all sorts of problems, even when users are doing their best to follow the instructions. These Forums, the Gear Page Net Helix thread, and other Helix related Internet posts are ripe with all sorts of problems users have encountered, many of which also involve importing or updating customized Presets.

I believe it is well recognized that Line 6 is addressing this entire area with forthcoming improvements to the software process.

Let's all hope this is introduced perhaps as early as the forthcoming 2.20 due later this Month. If not coincident with the release of 2.20, then perhaps by the time the newly overhauled Helix Editor and Helix Native arrive later this Spring.

I am not amongst the ranks of those who have suffered Preset loss, or Helix lockup. I specifically bought Helix to use in autonomous mode. I have only connected it to a computer once, to update the firmware from 1.5.6 to 2.10. I specifically opted to skip incremental releases 2.11 and 2.12 and wait for 2.20. Although I have created and saved several Custom Presets, I do not consider rebuilding them from scratch to be a problematic process. In fact, it has been a meaningful part of learning Helix.