Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Remote on iPad 3 via USB => Bluetooth adapter?

sgharp

I understand that the Spider Remote app won't connect to an iPad 3 using the 30 pin connector.  Has anyone been able to make this work using a USB to Bluetooth adapter?  Amazon offers https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Bluetooth-Adapter-Raspberry-Compatible/dp/B009ZIILLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489269326&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+to+bluetooth+adapter

Would this work?  If so, it might keep me from returning the amp.

Thanks.

I wouldn't think so. The Spider app is Android or iOS and that Amazon adapter only supports Win, Linux, Rasberry Pi. No Apple product support listed.

If you used a laptop with an Android emulator it might work, but that is yet another issue in itself since emulators have their own caveats.

Apple uses it's own non standardized BT protocol so many of these BT adapters are not supported. That's a proprietary Apple issue though.

I wouldn't think so. The Spider app is Android or iOS and that Amazon adapter only supports Win, Linux, Rasberry Pi. No Apple product support listed.

If you used a laptop with an Android emulator it might work, but that is yet another issue in itself since emulators have their own caveats.

Apple uses it's own non standardized BT protocol so many of these BT adapters are not supported. That's a proprietary Apple issue though.

I don't think that Apple support would be needed.  I'm guessing the OS within the amp is Linux; it wouldn't make since for Line 6 to write their own OS.  I was hoping this might Bluetooth enable the amp allowing it to connect to any Bluetooth device.  In any event, I decided to return the amp and buy an Amplifi anyway.  It connects to my iPad or iPhone without issues and the remote software is very similar.  I liked the Spider amp better (as an amp) but the lack of remote software support for my devices was a deal breaker.

• 1 year later...