Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Eric Clapton let it rain tone guide for Honestopinion

CBTL

Great job and incredibly kind of you CBTL!  We have a gig coming up for St. Patrick's day and "Let It Rain" is in the set list so this preset will get an audience in a bit under a week. I have downloaded it and I am tweaking it for my rig. Thank you for putting the effort and attention to detail into this! You are a phenomenal resource on the forum and most generous with your time. The check is in the mail...  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention that my band did indeed do "Let It Rain" at our Saint Patrick's Day gig and I used the preset you designed with some tweaks to make it sound right through my stage and FOH setup.  Just awesome!  The way you set up the intro, rhythm, lead1, and lead2 snapshots was just perfect. I have played that song many times before but never with four distinct sounds set up for the four different song parts. We sounded better and more authentic on that song than we ever had previously!  Great job on that preset, it will get plenty of use! My humble thanks!

One more note.... I found it interesting that you placed the harmony/pitch block between the amp and the cab. I would never have thought to place it there and it really gives the harmonies a smooth sound. I have implemented that placement in a couple of my own presets as a result I liked the sound so much.

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to mention that my band did indeed do "Let It Rain" at our Saint Patrick's Day gig and I used the preset you designed with some tweaks to make it sound right through my stage and FOH setup. Just awesome! The way you set up the intro, rhythm, lead1, and lead2 snapshots was just perfect. I have played that song many times before but never with four distinct sounds set up for the four different song parts. We sounded better and more authentic on that song than we ever had previously! Great job on that preset, it will get plenty of use! My humble thanks!

One more note.... I found it interesting that you placed the harmony/pitch block between the amp and the cab. I would never have thought to place it there and it really gives the harmonies a smooth sound. I have implemented that placement in a couple of my own presets as a result I liked the sound so much.

Thanks for taking the time to say thanks. I put a considerable amount of time into the patches/videos and they get lots of views and downloads but most can't be arsed to say thank you yet who charge get god like status ??? Your thank you makes it worth my effort!

• Upvote 1