Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suggestions for L2m and Globals

dannepop

How should I set the globalEQ with L2m?

It feel like it´s too close the sound.

I have set FRFR PA settings on the L2m.

If there is anyone else using the L2m I would love to

here how they have set their great guitar sound!

D

I love the L6 LINK feature for connecting to my Stagesource speaker because I have more than one speaker (for stereo). Many overlook the fact in their manual that using LINK disables the "global EQ" so I obviously am not a user of it. The Stagesource speakers tend to be a little heavy in the bass so I generally compensate with the use of bass cut, as needed per preset, in the 'cab' settings. Definitely continue to use the speaker in "PA reference" mode.

How are you connecting to the L2M?

If you are using L6 Link, I believe the Global EQ won't have any affect.  It's not explicitly stated in the manual, but it only affects the XLR and 1/4 outputs as those are the only choices you have when choosing what Global EQ affects, and it says something to the effect that "there is no need to set Global EQ for L6 Link Connections" (nice of them to make that decision for me).

Since Global EQ is the same for all patches, and amps are so different, I don't like to use Global EQ for anything other than adjusting the output of the speakers for a given room.

I'm still getting to know the various amps and haven't settled on a tried and true global method for achieving the sounds I want.  I pretty much handle it on an individual patch by patch basis.  I use whatever tools I need to get the sound and response am I looking for.  Sometimes that's high and low cuts on reverbs and delays, sometimes high and low cuts on cabs, sometimes it's eq.  I also want to start playing with the input impedance.

Be careful when saying that the StageSource speakers are heavy in the bass.  All speakers are heavy in the bass when they are sitting on the floor due to coupling with reflections off the floor.  To alleviate this, try setting the speaker on a tripod, or find someway to get it off the floor.  I have found that using the Monitor mode of the StageSource speakers isn't enough to get rid of this for my taste.  I've found even just putting the speaker on a rug and standing it on end helps.  I too use PA Reference mode btw.

personally, i am using L6 LINK to an L2T then out to an L2M. i have them on the floor using the handle as the stand. Both are set to Floor Monitor mode to eliminate the greater bass output. I just added the L2M -found really good deal on an open box from fiull compass) and the sound is phenominal. Not using global EQ as it is disabled when using the L6 LINK.

I also use an L2m as a monitor on stage. When I first started using it I would connect it via L6 LINK but now I use the 1/4 output instead to my L2m and XLR out to the FOH. My rationale is that way when I am using global EQ it is also reflected in the L2m which gives me a better idea of what the FOH sounds like. As stated here by others the L6 LINK bypasses the global EQ. I have tried going direct to the FOH with the Helix and just using vocal monitors for my guitar monitoring but I am also a singer and I find that additionally having the L2m for my guitar monitor means I can crank it up a bit without making my vocals and the rest of the band mix harder to hear in the vocal monitors. The rest of the band can also hear my guitar better without having it blasting through their monitors. Additionally and maybe even more importantly the L2m makes it much easier for me to get guitar feedback (the good kind) when I want it.