Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External tap button

soblivion

Hi all,

Long time Line 6 user, abuser and forum lurker. I usually find most of my answers searching threads that have already been posted. But I have a question that I didn't find anywhere else.

I gig on a regular basis and  use a POD HD500 and/or HD 500X  into FOH and into a powered monitor for stage volume. I love to use the TAP button for time based FX.

Anway, I've already had to replace 2 switches that started malfunctioning. I've not had any issues with any other buttons, but I don't ride them like I do the TAP button.

What actually happens is when the switch finally gives out it will engage my tuner when I don't want it to(in the middle of a song).

I've found this:

https://reverb.com/item/806628-one-trick-pony-tap-6-line-6-tap-tempo-controller-footswitch-by-molten-voltage

I don't see the POD HD listed as a supported device, but it does say that the MIDI info is MIDI CC 64 value 127, and the POD HD documentation shows this as well. So I'm assuming it'll work.

I do have a full MIDI controller, but it seems overkill for a single function.

Anybody have any other solutions for an off board TAP button?

Thanks,

Shawn

• 1 year later...

Hey Shawn, I disassembled my HD500 after the warranty had run out and added a 2nd Boss tap tempo via a external jack added to the chassis.

Much quieter and more reliable and conveniently placed away from the expression pedal.

I can also see the tempo light without my foot covering it.

wired in parallel so both switches work individually.

Thanks,

Michael

WP_20170910_12_47_41_Pro.jpg

• Upvote 1