Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing banks in the Firehawk app

tomparsonsart

Hi all, I just bought a Firehawk FX and had a question about changing tones and banks on the iOS app vs on the pedal itself. When I change tones on the pedal, the app will reflect the change and highlight the active tone. However, when I change them through the app, the sound will change, but the pedal does not reflect it.

For example, say I have the pedal set to bank 1, tone A and switch A is illuminated . Then I scroll down and choose tone D from bank 4 in the app. The sound will change, and the pedal's LED display shows the correct name, but switch A is still illuminated. If I then step on any of the other footswitches, A-D, the tones default back to bank 1, or whichever bank the pedal was last set to through the switches.

So I effectively can't change the bank in the Firehawk app, and then choose a preset tone from that bank with the footswitches.

Is this normal?

I think this is correct. The App will load the new tone from your library onto the FH, but the original FH bank remains in the background. This is because your library tones do not have banks assigned on the app. When you store a tone on the FH, it does only that, it doesn't assign the app version of the tone with the bank you've chosen.